• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation 24/25 Thread

I think what’s pissing me off a lot is I HATE being in the championship. Horrible league to be stuck in. I know this is our 7th season in the premier league and maybe I’m ungrateful but I thought at one point we wouldn’t have to go back there for a good while.
Absolutely. The same shills for Lage and the same shills that are there for O'Neil now and the same shills that defend the club will be out soon enough saying "it is more fun in the Championship".

No it isn't.

Remind me how 2004/05 and 2012/13 went when we got relegated before.

Absolutely. The same shills for Lage and the same shills that are there for O'Neil now and the same shills that defend the club will be out soon enough saying "it is more fun in the Championship".

No it isn't.

Remind me how 2004/05 and 2012/13 went when we got relegated before.

Most of the first 15 FUCKING YEARS of my Wolves-supporting life were spent in that shit-hole division, I'm in no rush to go back there

There is surely no good reason that a squad with the talent ours have displayed during periods of every game this season should be anywhere near relegation but, to mangle a truism, failing to manage is managing to fail. I almost didn't bother watching today, and was congratulating myself for not being so defeatist at half time. It's the hope that kills you, and I'm sick of mine being raised only to be shattered. I'll never not support Wolves, but until either the ownership, the management or preferably both change, I'm not sure I can be sufficiently masochistic to watch us much longer.

I think what’s pissing me off a lot is I HATE being in the championship. Horrible league to be stuck in. I know this is our 7th season in the premier league and maybe I’m ungrateful but I thought at one point we wouldn’t have to go back there for a good while.

No if you’d said in May 2018 you’ll get 7 seasons then be back where you started I’d have said “what went wrong” 1 Wembley trip, 1 European excursion.
The rest since 2020 just all very meh, this season looks like being a 2011/12 revisited.

The championship: poorer quality, smaller crowds, smaller teams poor atmosphere, poorer coverage more midweek crap games.
Poorer profile of the club and far more toxic crowds.
The only time I wanted to be in the championship was when we were in league 1.

If I’m being very kind we could still get 46-47 points but that’s being kind. Being realistic we’ll be around the 30-38 point mark. Very touch and go.
The problem we’ve got is Fosun have never been that close to relegation even 22/23 was comfortable in the end, this has played into their ego of we’re too good to go down and we’ve got the 3 promoted clubs buffer.

Everton being taken over is terrible news for us and the 3 promoted clubs. You'd expect them to spend big in January.

Shows that clubs can be bought too.

Fosun need to get out as soon as possible.

Then Jeff sees how he’s done at Everton by keeping them up the last couple of seasons, isn’t going to cost a lot, employs him here.
I’m calling it first.

Everton being taken over is terrible news for us and the 3 promoted clubs. You'd expect them to spend big in January.

Yep we’ve said it before we were walking close to line and it only takes a few bits of bad luck/poor decisions/club fuck ups and you’re gone looks like all 3 are taking shape.

Sad thing is it wouldn’t have broken the bank to have us mid to bottom half. Creating an unbalanced squad would’ve been the first thing to avoid and not giving Gaz a bumper contract after he’d dropped off a cliff at the end of last season.

I still think Potter might not be the “win button” people are saying he is.

A lot of his work at Brighton is owed to that gamble-tastic scouting system they have, IMV.

He got to Brighton by being a relative success wherever else he'd been a manager.
Sure, but the vast majority of that was in Sweden.

Then a decent but non-playoff year at Swansea. Then landing the gig at Brighton with a team full of gems.

Jury's out, IMO.

Back