• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation 24/25 Thread

I don't think they'll throw money at anything, especially if O'Neil is still here. They'll buy a CB but only if Sá goes for a decent amount and they could easily sell someone like Cunha or João Gomes as well. I'd also expect them to offload Sarabia and/or Hwang if O'Neil continues not to use them.

They will know that relegation is a possibility (even an inevitability) with the way they've been operating and they won't be as afraid of it as they were a few years ago after seeing some of the fees teams like Burnley, Leicester and Leeds have brought in for some of their players.
Losing your big cash cow with no guarantee of getting it back soon will surely have them very twitchy. Their whole business model for us if they’ve got one probably only works if we’re in the PL.

Losing your big cash cow with no guarantee of getting it back soon will surely have them very twitchy. Their whole business model for us if they’ve got one probably only works if we’re in the PL.

It's obviously preferable to them for us to be in the Premier League but it isn't the be all and end all or they wouldn't be managing us in a way that almost guarantees relegation. Every year that we survive is a bonus for them but they're not going to break the bank to prevent relegation.

I don’t think they realise how hard it is to get out the championship, last time we were there we got promoted easily due to Jorge doing us favours with Neves et al, and Fosun falling lucky with a manager, won’t happen this time

I don’t think they realise how hard it is to get out the championship, last time we were there we got promoted easily due to Jorge doing us favours with Neves et al, and Fosun falling lucky with a manager, won’t happen this time

I don't think they care to be honest. They'll give it a half arsed effort while we still have parachute payments coming in and a few good young players hanging around but if we don't go up they'll just kill all costs and run us as a ghost club like Swansea.

Back