• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

RACE OVER: Wolves finished 7th

Almost as if we got six points out of the team ninth from bottom or something.

I just don't know where "bottom eight" came from, that's never been your argument until literally the last 10 minutes.

You know what the issue with Wolves is? It's that we aren't as good as you seem to think we are.

My apologies. The bottom 8 came in as that's where Southampton jumped too and I wanted to include Newcastle for fairness. So if you look at the current table ( subject to change terms and conditions apply) we have won 5 games and lost 8 to the bottom 8 teams yet won 8 and lost 4 to the top 12. That struck me as a bit imbalanced .

But maybe that's just me and its the wolves way

But maybe that's just me and its the wolves way

Just the football way. Teams higher up the table having a poor record against teams below them is hardly a new thing. If football went Team X is better on paper than Team Y, give X the 3 points then all we are left with on here is talking about Game of Thrones and strange left handed theories in cricket...

Let's have a look at Watford:

1 point vs Southampton
1 point vs Newcastle
1 point vs Bournemouth (including losing 4-0 at home to them)
Drew at Fulham
Failed to beat Burnley at home

They're a team of roughly equivalent standard to us, with an added three years' worth of Premier League experience on top.

Crap results happen. They're a bit better than us at putting away some of the crap teams, but equally Spurs are the only top six team they've beaten (seven and half months ago now, too).

I wouldn't swap their league season for ours.

Just the football way. Teams higher up the table having a poor record against teams below them is hardly a new thing. If football went Team X is better on paper than Team Y, give X the 3 points then all we are left with on here is talking about Game of Thrones and strange left handed theories in cricket...

That doesn't mean I have to like it though does it. Unfortunately I have rhino thick skin and according to some on here a personality disorder so its either continue to post or go into psycho therapy. England we still pick 7 left handers and wonder why they keep nicking off to right arm over bowlers and Wolves will keep on losing to absolute shite, yet beat the big guns, Cyber ( sorry jabbawolf its that third person again)will continue to moan like fucking billy ho about it and get the usual stick. As I have said,vyou can't do exactly the same thing multiple times and expect a different outcome.

If every defeat to these teams (who themselves aren't identical, Brighton are going to be a million miles away from Southampton in terms of style) followed the exact same pattern then you may have a point.

As I have said,vyou can't do exactly the same thing multiple times and expect a different outcome.

Yet you keeping posting the same thing...:icon_razz:

For me, we are going to finish in the top half of the Prem this season, how we got there is of little interest to me. 2 years ago I was watching Wolves bore me to death in the bottom half of the Championship. I will worry about losing to the worst team in the Division in a couple of seasons time when it is costing us a chance to break into the Top 6.

That doesn't mean I have to like it though does it. Unfortunately I have rhino thick skin and according to some on here a personality disorder so its either continue to post or go into psycho therapy. England we still pick 7 left handers and wonder why they keep nicking off to right arm over bowlers and Wolves will keep on losing to absolute shite, yet beat the big guns, Cyber ( sorry jabbawolf its that third person again)will continue to moan like fucking billy ho about it and get the usual stick. As I have said,vyou can't do exactly the same thing multiple times and expect a different outcome.
Jabbawolf prefers looking at this season at the macro level not micro level, and on that basis Jabbawolf approves of all potential finishing positions.

Let's have a look at Watford:

1 point vs Southampton
1 point vs Newcastle
1 point vs Bournemouth (including losing 4-0 at home to them)
Drew at Fulham
Failed to beat Burnley at home

They're a team of roughly equivalent standard to us, with an added three years' worth of Premier League experience on top.

Crap results happen. They're a bit better than us at putting away some of the crap teams, but equally Spurs are the only top six team they've beaten (seven and half months ago now, too).

I wouldn't swap their league season for ours.

No but I bet the moans when Bournemouth stuffed them at home were akin to the moans when Watford themselves won here. Youre right to highlight the crap teams. I had highlighted Huddersfield as a bogey team two years ago but you and others called me out as talking bollocks. Its fine to change your opinion. We have shit records this century against Brighton and Norwich. If they come up I will be over the moon not to lose or even better drop points to them next season. But people again will tell me I am talking shit and I will take it.

I stick by what I said before a ball was kicked and what I hoped for then. Check that thread out after the poll. I expected a point of each of the top six. I expected to do better against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton and Watford. Its been a wonderful season and I have loved watching us. But I reserve the right to be frustrated and annoyed when we fail to beat and in some cases perform, against some dreck yet can beat Europa league and champions league quarter finalists.

I don't want to argue. Its tiresome

I don't think I did call it "bollocks" that we have historically shite results against Huddersfield, after all the facts are there and I was probably the one who posted them.

There isn't any reason though, bogey sides don't exist. How can they when teams have wildly different managers, styles, ideologies and playing staffs over the course of a couple of decades? Why have we beaten Man Utd four times in the last 15 years or so, but haven't beaten Arsenal in 40 years? There isn't an inherent fear of playing a different team who play in red.

Also you really need to stop including Watford in that discussion :icon_lol: If they avoid defeat tonight then they're above us.

Yet you keeping posting the same thing...:icon_razz:

For me, we are going to finish in the top half of the Prem this season, how we got there is of little interest to me. 2 years ago I was watching Wolves bore me to death in the bottom half of the Championship. I will worry about losing to the worst team in the Division in a couple of seasons time when it is costing us a chance to break into the Top 6.

Jabbawolf prefers looking at this season at the macro level not micro level, and on that basis Jabbawolf approves of all potential finishing positions.

I don't think I did call it "bollocks" that we have historically shite results against Huddersfield, after all the facts are there and I was probably the one who posted them.

There isn't any reason though, bogey sides don't exist. How can they when teams have wildly different managers, styles, ideologies and playing staffs over the course of a couple of decades? Why have we beaten Man Utd four times in the last 15 years or so, but haven't beaten Arsenal in 40 years? There isn't an inherent fear of playing a different team who play in red.

Also you really need to stop including Watford in that discussion :icon_lol: If they avoid defeat tonight then they're above us.

You used Watford, hence my use!!!!

Props to Jabba. Cyber approves of a sense of humour. :whistle:

Let's end it here. I worry when we play teams near the bottom and results tell me I am kitten right too. You disagree. I agree not to post about it again, until it happens again. The rest then is up to wolves!

7.Watford
8.Everton
9.WOLVES
10Leicester
11.West Ham
12.Bournemouth

Still a very good season and would have taken this definitely at the start of the season. Personally don't think we'll pick up another point away from home this season. How desperate will Brighton be on Saturday? A lot will depend on how tomorrow night goes and how much energy they exert into finishing Cardiff off. Have a feeling Liverpool will have fate in their own hands when they play us and they'll be hell bent on getting over the line.

I've gone WDLWL.

If we do make 7th then it'll either be as a consequence of a spectacular result or two of our own accord, or everyone else collapses and we just happen to fall over the line.

Think it'll be DDLWL gives us 52 points which would still be a good return. Watford have been very good at disposing of sides outside the top 6 this season. Everton are very erratic and could end up with anything. Leicester have 3 of the top 6 to play.

Troy Deeney sent off for an elbow. Maybe he should have worn a mask...

Just seen it...US TV seem adamant it shouldn't have been but it did seem his arm made a move towards Torreira. Could see it being overturned - on the other hand, if it isn't, well that's him out the next 3 games...

Won’t be overturned - blatant red card from the thug. Hopefully another red card as Watford seem quite rattled by the ref

So fook all changes after the weekend of football.

Watford deserved more than they got this evening but fuck them, 7th place is still essentially ours to throw away at the moment.

Back