• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

RACE OVER: Wolves finished 7th

We will 100% be the first team Fulham beat away this season

Dont fucking jinx it now, barely scraped a draw last time. I had a bad feeling as soon as sessegnion came on.
I think we will draw arsenal at home too

KennyCyber...

Well *checks tarot cards* the signs are not good and especially with *checks star signs for the day" with Gemini fucking off Leo with Capricorn it is written in the stars and don't get me started on the tea leaves...

quality thread! Will be my go to for the rest of the season...

Anyone thinking we'll beat arsenal should think again. They're very much in the race for a CL spot. They have a lot to play for.

Indeed, out of the teams we have remaining, we've lost to all of them this season except arsenal. We beat the reserves of one team in a cup game. We've list to watford twice. I think we'll do well to get Deutsch's 7 points personally.

My predictions

Brighton - Fuck knows
Arsenal - better win
Watford - Fuck knows
Fulham - LOSE
Liverpool - WIN and then get to hear Carragher have a meltdown on live comms...

Saturday will tell us everything about our mental state and if the week in Marbs has helped put the previous 2 results behind us. We struggle and we can forget about about 7th and start to look forward to next season and the 3 million players we will be linked with.

Arsenal are almost perfect opposition for the way we play. We should have beaten them relatively comfortably at the Emirates!

They're very open and don't have top class defenders who can help to bail them out. Obviously they've got some obscene talent up top, but the way we'll play should stop them finding space in behind.

Arsenal aren't great away though (watch them win tonight now I've said that).

They actually have fewer points away from home than us, despite what Joe Edwards might think.

aren't arsenal the only club with a worse away-defending streak than us currently? something like 15 games without a clean a sheet?

It's easy. Rest of us use the simple rule of "that's just Wolves" you use something that isn't logic and makes little sense. Destination in some cases is the same but the journey wildly different.

Indeed.

Before Saturday, Southampton under Hasenhüttl:

P17 W7 D3 L7

Wolves over the same period:

P17 W8 D4 L5

Not a huge amount in it.

Everyone applying reason to it: "They're pretty good under this new guy, they shouldn't be where they are"

Cyber: "We have a pathological issue with playing teams if they happen to be 15th or lower in the table (except all the games we won, they don't count)"

Nah. It’s what we do. Probably will then lose to bloody Fulham

Dont fucking jinx it now, barely scraped a draw last time. I had a bad feeling as soon as sessegnion came on.
I think we will draw arsenal at home too

It's easy. Rest of us use the simple rule of "that's just Wolves" you use something that isn't logic and makes little sense. Destination in some cases is the same but the journey wildly different.

OK.

Its just the wolves way. Happy now?

Indeed.

Before Saturday, Southampton under Hasenhüttl:

P17 W7 D3 L7

Wolves over the same period:

P17 W8 D4 L5

Not a huge amount in it.

Everyone applying reason to it: "They're pretty good under this new guy, they shouldn't be where they are"

Cyber: "We have a pathological issue with playing teams if they happen to be 15th or lower in the table (except all the games we won, they don't count)"

OK. I will chirp up if we lose to Brighton. That would be our 9th defeat to the bottom 8.

Southampton and Burnley are better than their position.

Others arent

Bottom eight :icon_lol:

tenor.gif

Back