• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

Villa had no money and UK based players are expensive but maybe now he will look to them as he will have that bit of extra cash.

Have a look at the overseas players he bought and was interested in. Benteke came in. Bony should have done. He doesn't buy British particularly.

He doesn't buy British particularly.

I think he will look for British experienced defenders for January. Not so much the fact they are British but have played in the Country for a good few years. Can see us signing a Jason Shackell type - Someone who has been there and done it in this Division

It is very hard to say. I suppose it depends on what Thelwell's actual role is now.

Will Paul Lambert have the final say over who he brings in?

We said that Walter had the final say on players (although Silvio & Costa were in before he was and were pretty much sorted before the takeover) so you would presume he will give the thumbs up before they join.

Have a look at the overseas players he bought and was interested in. Benteke came in. Bony should have done. He doesn't buy British particularly.
His Norwich recruits would be predominantly British I'd have thought.

He looks like the break has shaved ten years off. Quite amazing really!

Interesting point from the E&S guys there. Far more media present than was the case for Zenga. Presume Lambert is a far better known name to the UK media in management so they are more interested.

First quotes I am reading are that funds are available, a couple will come in January, and a couple may go, that he wants the overseas contingent to succeed, and that he wants to play entertaining attacking football rather than wait for teams to come at the side.

Quietly encouraging

If he hasn't already, wait until he sees the defensive displays.

Honestly, I'm excited about Lambert.

I think we're going to see this team do marvellous things now we have a coach with actual talent in place, and some of our defenders are going to redeem themselves.

The video is full of the standard platitudes, but that generic fluff aside, I'm cautiously optimistic about Lambert.

I'm not particularly excited by Lambert's appointment, but obviously I hope he can improve the teams performance, re-organise the defence and instil some confidence in them somehow, because I can't believe how badly they played on Saturday first half.

If it hadn't been for a bit of luck and the reactions of Lonergan, we could easily have been 4-0 down at half-time and to be honest the 3-2 scoreline flattered us.

Well, on the basis that the last manager our fan base got excited about was Solbakken, I guess fans excitement isn't a good barometer to judge a manager.

He's only just got the job and he's already insulting the fans.

"Just keep doing what you're doing and supporting us. Hopefully we can get success together. But they're vital to us and I can't stress that enough. The supporters are huge."

I think he was being polite about our supporters. Our home attendance is pitiful, and we give our born and bred club captain massive stick.
I never thought that Wolves was a fair weather supporters club, but I'm starting to think so at the moment.

Of interest to listen to what he has to say, but in reality not fussed - what he does with the team & whether this makes a positive difference to results is far more important.

We won't know that for a week or so - judgement reserved, but hope that he does well (agree that the break seems to have done him good - either that or he's been on the botox & Oil of Ulay)

Back