• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

Have they announced when Lambert's first press conference will be?

I'm pretty sure people have tried to do this already.

possibly YW but i am not always on the net so may have missed it, sorry about that, but i haven't had so much time recently to read up on it.

sod off Wanderer, they are not rants, and many on here will point out a Pavlos cypro rant from back then, if you need convincing, in comparison, this is like Mother Theresa blog.

i do not rate the involvement of Mendes (with an S, ta), and frankly wouldn't trust an agent to watch my car if it was locked, with two SAS bods inside it.

Costa is brilliant by all accounts, Cav will be i hope, Tex is a highly debated on the forum from both sides so far and Silvio too really, although he seems to need a run of games, and soon.

I am not criticising the players per se, just the apparent influence Mendes has within Fosun, and thus the club.

I just do not believe there is a mister 20% on earth who can put the club first and his wallet second.

Fosun coming is brilliant, but they are not football experts yet and who is influencing them now, will have a huge affect on the club, further down the line.

I have been a Wolves supporter for a long time and seen a lot of shit going on upstairs in the club, from Marshall onwards, and I don't want to see more of the same under yet another promise of a golden chalice, that turns out to be another tin tea mug.

I think we over recruited in a panic when Fosun took over, with Gladon, Ruddy and John being prime examples, and i honestly believe that the Mendes influence had a part to play in that Klondike gold rush, wether they were his players or not.

I have not once ranted on this subject, just stuck to my opinion, but you will not convince me that Mendes influence is good for the club, unless of course they printed the championship table upside down here in Greece today and i didn't notice.

I'm no fan of agents either, but so far most of the players he has had a hand in look good players, so as long as that continues I'm happy to go along with his involvement, obviously if he turns out to be here just to make money at any costs and to the detriment of Wolves football club then I'll be joining you in a good old rant.
I'm afraid football at the top level is all about money these days and maybe people/fans like us are a bit naive to think we can go anywhere without the input of these odious individuals.

possibly YW but i am not always on the net so may have missed it, sorry about that, but i haven't had so much time recently to read up on it.

I think the point you're missing is that when Fosun took over the squad was threadbare and we only had a short amount of time until the window closed, so it was more a case of getting bodies in without actually seeing what we needed.

If we bring in players in this window I would be very surprised if they are not in the position that we need e.g. Centre back and striker.

You've seen it, DW and/or Kenny bought it up last week when you were having a similar anti-Mendes soliloquy.

You've seen it, DW and/or Kenny bought it up last week when you were having a similar anti-Mendes soliloquy.

Thanks mom, i obviously wasn't concentrating, i'll send myself to bed early with no milk.

Let's see how Lambert does, now he's taken the job.

Analysing our recent performances, spending time with the squad, and being in charge for the next nine games before the January transfer window opens, should give him a good idea of where our shortcomings are.

Then we'll see if he and Thelwell can improve our lot and we can make a push for the top six.

At what point is Thelwell held responsible for anything?

I doubt he was very involved in hiring Zenga (utter speculation on my part). I don't think Fosun are big on second chances and I have a feeling that Thelwell will likely have been the one to point them at Lambert. If this hire doesn't pay off, I bet the next clear-out would include KT emptying his office.

When Fosun took over just a few weeks before the season started, we needed an influx of half decent players, they are in a partnership with a top football agent
so of course they are gonna use him, most of his players look like they may be able to do a job in the championship, but some look like they have been offloaded/
a favour signing.
Getting Zenga involved ,as we now realise, was a mistake,his cv is rubbish,and he should never have got the job, but he did,probably because of the Mendes influence.
Fosun are not fools,they would have learned in the last 3 months that taking a batch load of players from Mendes stable is not the answer.
Don't think they will make the same mistakes in the January window.they have already sorted an half decent manager(if RB is responsible for defensive coaching
then he needs replacing as well)i would like to expect some players coming in without depending on Mendes,use him by all means,but don't buy a job lot from him !!

Mendes
Tex
Costa
Silvio
CBJ (via Butti as well as Mendes)
John
Ivan

Not Mendes
Lonergan (before the takeover signing when we were relying on cheap as chips deals)
Bod
Gladon
Stearman
Ruddy (the keeper who has fell down a hole at Compton and no one can find him)

Not Sure but don't think they are Mendes players
Prince
Saiss

We also tried to sign the Benfica defender but he decided against moving to Wolverhampton so we went for Stearman as we had not long left to sign a player and that was a simple deal. To expect a whole team transformation in 1, very short, window is madness. I expect the rest of the old guard to be replaced over the next 2 windows.

I know which list of players I prefer from the two above. Anyone who moans about the Mendes connection has a screw loose, IMO.

Im delighted with this. I said back at the beginning that we should have been bringing in people who know the league, basically British or Irish players and staff. I got laughed out of here. I now hope Lambert does just this.

The official site tweeted a photo of him earlier and he looks about 20 years younger than he did at Villa/Blackburn.

I'm sure Wolves will change him back to normal by Christmas though.

The official site tweeted a photo of him earlier and he looks about 20 years younger than he did at Villa/Blackburn.

I'm sure Wolves will change him back to normal by Christmas though.

PaddyPower did this after he left Villa

CT7QLBSWEAASNL4.png

Back