• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

I'd rather Tex or Coady than Edwards.

Really far and away motm yesterday.
Tex was none existent, and Coady is useless.

Everyone sitting there hating Edwards, I wish we had half a dozen more with his attitude.

He is a quality player and the only one saturday who gave a fuck

Really far and away motm yesterday.
Tex was none existent, and Coady is useless.

Everyone sitting there hating Edwards, I wish we had half a dozen more with his attitude.

He is a quality player and the only one saturday who gave a fuck

Cavaleiro was my MOTM personally, he certainly looked like he gave a fuck. Teixeira looked absolutely devastated to be taken off and made the scapegoat by RE, another one who 'gave a fuck'. It literally could've been any 11 of them at that point, even Edwards.

Edwards isn't a quality player, he is a quality professional though and currently in the team on merit. Personally I'd strip Batth of the captaincy and give it to Edwards.

Don't get the Coady hate. He wasn't our worst player yesterday. We know his limitations, but he does drive us forward when we're on top, and wasnt it his excellent cross field ball to Costa that set up our first goal yesterday? He certainly looks better than last season, still not anything like the player that his price tag warranted though.

Don't get the Coady hate. He wasn't our worst player yesterday. We know his limitations, but he does drive us forward when we're on top, and wasnt it his excellent cross field ball to Costa that set up our first goal yesterday? He certainly looks better than last season, still not anything like the player that his price tag warranted though.

I thought he hid yesterday. He wasn't our worst but that's only because Iorfa was having such a mare.

Cavaleiro was my MOTM personally, he certainly looked like he gave a fuck. Teixeira looked absolutely devastated to be taken off and made the scapegoat by RE, another one who 'gave a fuck'. It literally could've been any 11 of them at that point, even Edwards.

Edwards isn't a quality player, he is a quality professional though and currently in the team on merit. Personally I'd strip Batth of the captaincy and give it to Edwards.

I would agree with that.

I wouldnt say the players didnt care but they looked a disorganised shambles, there have been glimpses that there is a good team in there somewhere, just needs somebody to get them sorted and unlock it.

As for Lambert to be honest he wouldnt have been in my top 10 of candidates initially but the more I read and thought about it, it kinds of make sense, he had excuses at Villa & Blackburn but with the backing we have got he wont have any excuse if he fails, regarding his managerial career he is in the last chance saloon of making it at the top, he does though comes across as intelligent and having enough self-awareness to realise that.

Now THAT is a quality centre mid. What a player, could certainly do with someone like that now.

Cavaleiro was my MOTM personally, he certainly looked like he gave a $#@!. Teixeira looked absolutely devastated to be taken off and made the scapegoat by RE, another one who 'gave a $#@!'. It literally could've been any 11 of them at that point, even Edwards.

Agree with that completely. Incidentally, I thought his delivery for Edwards goal was different class, fantastic ball.

Having thought on this quite a lot and spoke to a number of Villa fans I am cautiously optimistic. We need structure and I think Lambert will give us that. I agree he needs to have a say on transfers I want some experienced British players coming January. Someone in the mould of Keith Curle would be ideal. I also wouldn't mind is having a pop at signing Emi.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ultimately I'm not over or underwhelmed with this appointment - just whelmed

He does at least have experience at this level (some of it very positive) & has shown previously that he can be succesful.

Would see him as a safer pair of hands than another unknown overseas manager as an experiment - as we know experiments don't always work.

Has a couple of weeks to get in and try to sort out a temporary solution to the defence to get us through to Jan & hope that we can bring in others for a more permanent solution then. Biggest problem for me is at CH where we have 4 fit who have all shown serious faults at times with no organiser among them

Tim Spiers 'understands' that Lambert will not be naming an assistant head coach yet and will just work with Taylor and Edwards for now

His previous staff are dotted around - Culverhouse at Dagenham, Roy Keane with Ireland, Rob Kelly at Fleetwood and Alan Irvine at Norwich (though that could change if Neil gets the chop)

This could be a masterstroke.

If we get the Lambert of Norwich then we are laughing. If he can reconnect with his early scouting network that did well with Norwich and put forward some amazing players for Villa to consider (not his fault they knocked those players back for some unknown reason) then we might see some really interesting recruitment (especially if this dovetails with the Mendes links).

First things first though. He needs to get on the training ground ASAP and start sorting out that defence. We cannot be scoring two at home and still losing, that is frankly ridiculous. Yes we want a goalfest up front but we need to concentrate on getting some much needed points on the board and start moving up the table. Our current position is somewhat less than comfortable.

Though I hate international breaks, its a good thing that Lambo has a couple of weeks to work with the players and get to know them and they him before he throws them into action. It's also a good thing that he won't be buggering off to Dubai for a chunk of it too!

Though I hate international breaks, its a good thing that Lambo has a couple of weeks to work with the players and get to know them and they him before he throws them into action. It's also a good thing that he won't be buggering off to Dubai for a chunk of it too!
Just a shame 3 of his defence will be away for most of that 2 weeks though (assuming CBJ has been called up).

Suppose it may be that first game our back four is this: Silvio-Batth-Stearman-Doherty if that is an issue.

Lambert's first major job - Replace Edwards as he is suspended for the Preston game

If we do get the Norwich Lambert, could Tex be used in the same way Lambert used Hoolahan behind the striker?

If we do get the Norwich Lambert, could Tex be used in the same way Lambert used Hoolahan behind the striker?

Tex will probably need a month or two out of the squad to get over the humiliation of being made the scapegoat by Rob Edwards yesterday.

Tex will probably need a month or two out of the squad to get over the humiliation of being made the scapegoat by Rob Edwards yesterday.

Or only a few days to show that Rob Edwards was a prat to take him off (he wasn't the worst in that first half)

Problem for me with the foreign imports Tex/Cavaleiro/Costa etc is that whilst they clearly have some talent none of them see the bigger picture. Number of occassions that a smpler pass across the box would find a teamate in a better position, but have gone for glory & failed

Happy to see Lambert come in championship and lower league experience and plenty of premier league experience too. Speaking to Norwich fans who think hes a fantastic manager and would love him back there. I wouldnt judge and manager on a spell under Learner after he had got bored with Villa and then a stint under Venkys. An upgrade on Kenny and experience of doing the job we want, promotion and staying there.

Back