• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

From Timbo 2:

Games played by Wolves strikers in 2016 (Siggy, Alf, Mason, Bod and Dicko): 77

Goals scored: 8

#lambertspriority

Put me in the meh camp.

Lambert seems a bit dreary and dull but I'll obviously give him a fair chance. Would have liked a more forward thinking foreign manager but I guess they are all in good jobs and cost too much to tempt into this horrible league.

From Timbo 2:

Games played by Wolves strikers in 2016 (Siggy, Alf, Mason, Bod and Dicko): 77

Goals scored: 8

#lambertspriority
Scoring 2 at home and losing is more indicative of our problems this year. Sorting out our defence is priority number 1 for me.

Ahhh shucks. Poor Paul Ince tonight, maybe 4th time lucky? 😂

Think Lambert is a little underrated, not jumping for joy but I am happy with the appointment. Stability now please...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Scoring 2 at home and losing is more indicative of our problems this year. Sorting out our defence is priority number 1 for me.

I'd agree, especially as Siggy must have played a fair few of those games and he was dreadful!

It's just a semi interesting stat and Lambert will have to work out if we are not scoring due to poor strikers or not creating chances for them (the later IMO).

I think we need a reconstruction of the team ethos to: A. Take the pressure off the defence B. Retain the ball for longer and C. Create more chances for the attacking players.

It all sounds a little obvious but I think it's worth understanding how much work PL has ahead of him.

Strikers can't score if no one gives them the ball in a dangerous position.

A mid 3 of coady, Saville and Edwards will (and did) create nothing.

Good luck Lambert, not sure what to make of this appointment tbh

Strikers can't score if no one gives them the ball in a dangerous position.

A mid 3 of coady, Saville and Edwards will (and did) create nothing.

Agreed, defence needs sorting but the midfield is the issue for me. Doesn't protect the defence or provide the attack with options or opportunities.

As much as I think he was a nob I think we are missing a McDonald type of player. Saiss can pick a pass, but is our DM too.

Perhaps, when Evans is fit, a mid 3 of Saiss, Evans and one of Tex/Dave/Prince might do well.

As much as I think he was a nob I think we are missing a McDonald type of player. Saiss can pick a pass, but is our DM too.

Perhaps, when Evans is fit, a mid 3 of Saiss, Evans and one of Tex/Dave/Prince might do well.

That's exactly the midfield i want to see and i think it would work, two players next to each other that can play and then you can choose what you want in front of them.

I want to see Saiss/Edwards/Prince at the minute.

Anything but a Coady, Saville, Edwards trio would be a good start.

Coady really is a cart hoss, he's another that can fuck off..

Edwards will be one of the first names on Lamberts first team sheet and rightly so, he has been Wolves best and most consistant player after Costa in the last 2 months. Saiss also has to play in midfield, with either Coady or Prince as the other one. For me Tex can only play as either a number 10 or wide forward. With that midfield and a front line from Bod, Dicko, Costa and Cav, we should have enough to progress up the table (could do with the strikers finding the net more obviously) The biggest job for Lambert is the defence, far too many individual errors and poor organization and confidence shot to pieces

Paul Lambert should improve this disorganised bunch of individuals, today the defence was all over the place, we need a new captain,midfielders who can penetrate defences and an attack who can take more time and think before passing or shooting
We have the players to take us higher than we are we need a few more in January
Just a thought if we can get some organisation a 3-4-3- formation could work for us with the current players certainly take the pressure off the defence if sorted properly If you're reading this Mr Lambert I'm available as a part time advisor

Good luck Paul. Somehow has the feeling of 2006 post Hoddle.

Good luck Paul. Somehow has the feeling of 2006 post Hoddle.

Is there any chance that Lambert could play Bod and Dicko upfront at the same time ?

Whatever happened to good old striking partnerships ? Richards and Dougan, Bull and Mutch.

The last time we briefly looked an attacking threat was when Dicko and Afobe played together. The moment that Dicko got injured, Afobe had to bust his guts alone, never got chances, and left the club.

Lambert was my choice of the realistic targets so pretty happy. I wish him all the luck in the World.

If you count the game on the 2nd January we have 9 games (5th of a season) before we can get anyone else in so I think we need to be patient. The defensive options we have are woeful, he has a massive job on his hands to build a solid, organised defensive unit from that bunch.

Back