• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

Welcome and good luck, hopefully you will bring some of your Norwich style

New owners similar philosophy. They have lurched from one style of manager to another.. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

geez didn't realize Morgan sold. man I am so far behind in Wolves news...

Talking to a Villa fan on the train home and he has said that he was given nowt to spend and had his best players sold from beneath him...will do a job for us especially if we give him cash to spend

Welcome aboard Paul

Wonder if he will have any input with transfers, maybe a CB and striker from the Bundersliga in January?

Talking to a Villa fan on the train home and he has said that he was given nowt to spend and had his best players sold from beneath him...will do a job for us especially if we give him cash to spend

Welcome aboard Paul

I'm friends with a Villa fan who says similar, though he also hates all Villa managers after 6 months....

Cautiously optimistic.

I hope Lambert disappears into an office for a few days with several tapes of games this season and forms his own opinions.

Happy with the appointment though. Good time to get in and assess with the international break.

Sell Batth
Replace lonergan
Ship borthwick.back to man utd
Sell saville
Sell coady

I'd go more with selling Doherty and Ikeme and ending Stearman's loan. I'd keep one of coady or Saville and would let Edwards go as soon as we had an upgrade that could pass and move as well as run.

Happy if not excited with lambert - he's got a big job ahead of him, we've been devoid of leadership and character for years, and always seem to be less than the sum of our parts - he needs to turn us into a team.

Underwhelmed, but he has my support.

Fosun coming to terms with the Championship and realising you have to walk before you can run.

Need to get us back to being a taken for granted top ten Championship team before their Premier League dreams are realised.

From a Villa fan;

I honestly think this will be a very good appointment, provided they back him in the transfer market, which by all accounts they're willing and able to do.

After getting back to back promotions and a 12th place PL finish with Norwich he came to Villa and appointed Michael Henke as head scout and some of the players he turned us towards ended up being very good indeed.

The three strikers he recommended were Benteke (who we signed for £7m), Bony (who we almost signed before Vitesse decided they wanted the £6m up front) and Aubameyang (but St Ettienne wanted £11m and we wanted to pay £8m).

Bony and Aubameyang were both top scorers in their leagues the following season and more than doubled in value. Henke eventually quit out of frustration that we weren't landing the targets he was highlighting but if Lambert can set up another system like that then the new Wolves owners have the money to make them moves happen.

I wonder if he's a Dave Edwards fan...

Henke is the assistant manager at fc ingolstadt apparently - wonder if he's who lambert is after as his assistant?

Good luck to him.

It seems that our fantasy managers such as AVB and Marco Silva were indeed just fantasy so this seems like a sensible appointment. Could we have appointed a better manager? Possibly. Could we have appointed worse? Most definitely. I'm much happier with his appointment than I would have been with some of the alternatives that were being mentioned.

If Fosun are learning about the Championship and trying a different approach by looking at British managers it would be nice to see us start targeting some of the best young British talent in the lower leagues to complement the foreign players we have brought in.

Back