• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

All this talk of Teixeira being 'scapegoated' is growing tedious, he wasn't playing well, he may as well not have been playing at all from the level of involvement that I managed to pick up from a patchy viewing. I really can't see what's wrong with taking him off with that being the case.

I simply don't get this suggested teams for Lambert, where Baath is always still in there.
Bench him until he gets the message.

He is the captain, the motivator of the rest of the side, and he couldn't motivate me to drink cypro on a sunny lunchtime on the beach.

He would be better watching videos of where he should have been on the pitch, when he clearly wasn't.

All this talk of Teixeira being 'scapegoated' is growing tedious, he wasn't playing well, he may as well not have been playing at all from the level of involvement that I managed to pick up from a patchy viewing. I really can't see what's wrong with taking him off with that being the case.

You could've made a case for all 11 to be taken off, they were all playing shite at that point. At least Joao was having a go at creating something though, he wasn't anonymous like some have suggested, just not on his game and guilty of being on his heels while waiting to receive a pass. He was getting in decent areas and got a (somewhat tame) shot off but Derby had clearly targeted him and weren't giving him a second on the ball. It was a terrible sub (all 3 of them were for different reasons) and Saville did the square root of fuck all when he came on.

Suppose it may be that first game our back four is this: Silvio-Batth-Stearman-Doherty if that is an issue.
I'd be playing that back four regardless.

You could've made a case for all 11 to be taken off, they were all playing shite at that point. At least Joao was having a go at creating something though, he wasn't anonymous like some have suggested, just not on his game and guilty of being on his heels while waiting to receive a pass. He was getting in decent areas and got a (somewhat tame) shot off but Derby had clearly targeted him and weren't giving him a second on the ball. It was a terrible sub (all 3 of them were for different reasons) and Saville did the square root of fuck all when he came on.

I wouldn't call it a terrible sub to remove someone who was having zero impact on the game, bringing Saiss on rather than Saville would've looked a better idea to try and add some more resistance to the midfield though perhaps. The whole 'scapegoat' thing is just way overblown though it's just a substitution it's not as though RE came out in his interview and blamed him for everything or berated him on the touchline, Dave Edwards was equally anonymous from what I saw of the first half but I doubt there'd have been people up in arms about his withdrawl and the destruction of his confidence had his number been held up instead.

Taking Tex off wasn't a terrible decision. Bringing Saville on was.

Tex is a very talented lad but it wasn't happening for him at all. It honestly could have been anyone who was subbed. He'll have his day though.

Taking Tex off wasn't a terrible decision. Bringing Saville on was.

Tex is a very talented lad but it wasn't happening for him at all. It honestly could have been anyone who was subbed. He'll have his day though.
Very much this.

I wouldn't call it a terrible sub to remove someone who was having zero impact on the game.

I'm not saying he was playing well but he wasn't having zero impact on the game. Coady and Edwards (in the first half) had zero impact, as did Saville when he came on. Nothing came off but Joao was the only player apart from Cavaleiro looking to make something happen. I'd have loved to see him in the team in the second half when we had bodies in/around Bodvarsson and two flying wingers.

I'm not saying he was playing well but he wasn't having zero impact on the game. Coady and Edwards (in the first half) had zero impact, as did Saville when he came on. Nothing came off but Joao was the only player apart from Cavaleiro looking to make something happen. I'd have loved to see him in the team in the second half when we had bodies in/around Bodvarsson and two flying wingers.

I can't agree with the first part.

From what I managed to see Coady was the one player in midfield that was always coming deep and taking the ball from the defence, Edwards and Teixeira were just floating around in no mans land, don't think I ever saw Coady exchange a pass with either of them as he was always forced to try big diagonals, which he did with a reasonable amount of success.

Le's be fair, we got home from the supermarket, opened the Mendez bag of assorted goodies, and all those concerned were so busy looking at what to choose next, that they had never seen before, they just got over excited.

Le's be fair, we got home from the supermarket, opened the Mendez bag of assorted goodies, and all those concerned were so busy looking at what to choose next, that they had never seen before, they just got over excited.
You really need to get over your Mendes obsession, Pav.

You really need to get over your Mendes obsession, Pav.

No i don't and please stop talking to me like i drink cypro all day on a drip.

If we had selected our transfers once Fosun had taken over, we would have signed at least one serious centre half, and a goalkeeper, plus a serious defensive midfielder, (I rate Saiss though have never seen him play) long before we opened the Mendez buy one get one free lucky bag.

AS for me , personally, i don't trust agents (see Yaya Toure et al) to advise on the weather, so for us to suddenly dive in and take 7 or 8 players from a well known ducking and diving agent, had me wondering.

Too good to be true crossed my mind, (especially after reading the comments from the Benfica and Porto fans , who took the trouble to post (in English) on here.

I want my team to recruit for specific positions that the manager needs to fill, not to go to the special 'everything off' sale at Asda on a Friday night. Especially because they own shares in Asda. (or whoever)

If you can convince me that all of the players we signed were, scouted and sourced for a specific need to the team i will shut the fuck up and never mention Mendez again.

IF.... As i suspected at the time and still do, they were a Fosun , (shit we bought a football team) now who do we buy, (aha we own a piece of an agent, relax boys!) lucky bag selection, then i rest my case.

I have never once been abusive on here about Mendez, but i question his every breath, and moive, with every post.

As my accuser, convince me i am wrong and i will shut up instantly, but i am not holding my breath.

I Give you Costa, Saiss, Cav, (er maybe) Tex , judging by the verdict threads is still in the balance,but who the hell was signed by who and from who, i have no idea frankly.

If someone could tell me, of the 13, who is a Mendez player and who isn't i might be able to relax a little, but maybe not.

If someone could tell me, of the 13, who is a Mendez player and who isn't i might be able to relax a little, but maybe not.

I'm pretty sure people have tried to do this already.

I Give you Costa, Saiss, Cav, (er maybe) Tex , judging by the verdict threads is still in the balance,but who the hell was signed by who and from who, i have no idea frankly.

Teixeira, Silvio, Costa, Cavaleiro & John are the only ones that are definitely Mendes (with an s) signings.

Mendes
Tex
Costa
Silvio
CBJ (via Butti as well as Mendes)
John
Ivan

Not Mendes
Lonergan (before the takeover signing when we were relying on cheap as chips deals)
Bod
Gladon
Stearman
Ruddy (the keeper who has fell down a hole at Compton and no one can find him)

Not Sure but don't think they are Mendes players
Prince
Saiss

We also tried to sign the Benfica defender but he decided against moving to Wolverhampton so we went for Stearman as we had not long left to sign a player and that was a simple deal. To expect a whole team transformation in 1, very short, window is madness. I expect the rest of the old guard to be replaced over the next 2 windows.

There was Pele as well who failed a medical.

Edit: and Willy Boly who moved to Porto instead.

Edit II: and Talisca of course.

There was Pele as well who failed a medical.

Edit: and Willy Boly who moved to Porto instead.

Edit II: and Talisca of course.

The Pele deal still irks me; he would have been such a good addition.

Welcome Paul and good luck. We hope youre here a long while and you get the success we all want.

Shush, don't let facts get in the way of his stupid nonsensical rants.

sod off Wanderer, they are not rants, and many on here will point out a Pavlos cypro rant from back then, if you need convincing, in comparison, this is like Mother Theresa blog.

i do not rate the involvement of Mendes (with an S, ta), and frankly wouldn't trust an agent to watch my car if it was locked, with two SAS bods inside it.

Costa is brilliant by all accounts, Cav will be i hope, Tex is a highly debated on the forum from both sides so far and Silvio too really, although he seems to need a run of games, and soon.

I am not criticising the players per se, just the apparent influence Mendes has within Fosun, and thus the club.

I just do not believe there is a mister 20% on earth who can put the club first and his wallet second.

Fosun coming is brilliant, but they are not football experts yet and who is influencing them now, will have a huge affect on the club, further down the line.

I have been a Wolves supporter for a long time and seen a lot of shit going on upstairs in the club, from Marshall onwards, and I don't want to see more of the same under yet another promise of a golden chalice, that turns out to be another tin tea mug.

I think we over recruited in a panic when Fosun took over, with Gladon, Ruddy and John being prime examples, and i honestly believe that the Mendes influence had a part to play in that Klondike gold rush, wether they were his players or not.

I have not once ranted on this subject, just stuck to my opinion, but you will not convince me that Mendes influence is good for the club, unless of course they printed the championship table upside down here in Greece today and i didn't notice.

Back