• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

I tend to take things as they come Manager wise, post promotion back to what was then the second division with Graham Turner I can only think of three or four of what could be labelled 'successful' seasons, play off winning season, Mick's first season followed by the promotion winning season and Jackett's League 1 winnng season.

I think he was being polite about our supporters. Our home attendance is pitiful, and we give our born and bred club captain massive stick.
I never thought that Wolves was a fair weather supporters club, but I'm starting to think so at the moment.

He fucking deserved it. I don't care where he was fucking born.

I don't get why where he was born makes such a difference? He's been shit, do we absolve him of any criticism because he's "one of us"? Bullshit.

Ironically cheering when he wins a header is a cunt's trick regardless.

He fucking deserved it. I don't care where he was fucking born.

I'm not sure he deserves it. People are well within their right to boo as they have paid their money and at the time i understood it but it really wasn't the right thing to do. Part of it i think was not really booing Danny but the fact that he was playing again and continues to do so even though he is making error after error. Like you though i don't care where he was born and he's not good enough at the moment and no matter what anyone thinks about the other options they are definitely better right now.

Agree with the above - whether he is from Brierly Hill, Bournemouth or Beiging is irrelevant

Play badly you will get criticised, Play OK & you will get a polite clap, Play well and you might get a song

Performance quality is the only barrometer

Ironically cheering when he wins a header is a cunt's trick regardless.

Not sure it's that bad to be honest, if he won more in the air it wouldn't happen and for a centre half who is supposed to be good in the air he doesn't win much. At one point on Saturday he did actually win an attacking header but headed it out of the box.

We need to improve massively, esp.at home, where our record is worse than our away record. Only Cardiff and Rotherham have worse home records.

It's not just the defence either, we've only scored 9 goals in the 8 home games we've played and 2 of those were on Saturday losing to Derby.

At the moment it's relegation form, no matter how good we think we could be, so Lambert has to put that right and then he'll get the fans on side as he wants.

Just feels like a lottery how a new manager will do with our team.. Even if mou or poch was here..

Not sure it's that bad to be honest, if he won more in the air it wouldn't happen and for a centre half who is supposed to be good in the air he doesn't win much. At one point on Saturday he did actually win an attacking header but headed it out of the box.

If there's nothing wrong with jeering him midway through the first half of a game then try finding one person on here who openly admits they were part of it on Saturday. It isn't alright.

He shouldn't be in the team at the moment, that much is clear. Still no excuse for that. Bawl out players who obviously aren't trying by all means, but otherwise it isn't on.

He $#@!ing deserved it. I don't care where he was $#@!ing born.

Agreed pad if you play like a cunt you get treated like a cunt. I played in a cup final many years ago and had a stinker. Would not have stopped a beach ball. I got dogs abuse. Thoroughly deserved too.

If there's nothing wrong with jeering him midway through the first half of a game then try finding one person on here who openly admits they were part of it on Saturday. It isn't alright.

He shouldn't be in the team at the moment, that much is clear. Still no excuse for that. Bawl out players who obviously aren't trying by all means, but otherwise it isn't on.

DB wasn't not, not trying on Saturday, but has no ability to read the game so gets out of position far to often - even at this level strikers will make you pay at times for that

Booing him was of no benefit as I suspect he knew perfectly well that he had cocked up & didn't need the crowd telling him. Main problem for me with him is that he IS the senior player back there & should be the one directing them - he has never shown that he has the ability to do that

I have more than once cheered ironically when he has won a header because for a centre half who has this reputation as being good in the air he really isn't. Not sure he hears me though and definitely wouldn't have heard any ironic cheers for him winning a header on Saturday. He would have probably heard the boos which i have said weren't needed.

I think Lambert could name a new captain! That man may be Dangerous Dave.on current form I can't argue

I think he was being polite about our supporters. Our home attendance is pitiful, and we give our born and bred club captain massive stick.
I never thought that Wolves was a fair weather supporters club, but I'm starting to think so at the moment.

Were you in a coma when Andy Keogh played for us?

Theres definately not a lot of candidates for the captaincy - that's one of our biggest issues, the lack of leadership and organisation.

Theres definately not a lot of candidates for the captaincy - that's one of our biggest issues, the lack of leadership and organisation.

It has been for nearly 3 years. The closest we have is Williamson who is fucked. Next is dangerous Dave. Batth has not proved to be anything !ike captain material

The only other one that springs to mind is coady who captained his England age groups, but the fact that the only 3 we can name are one who provides minimal on pitch leadership, one who's not been considered previously in his ten years at the club, and one who's only really done it at youth level says quite a lot about the youth and lack of character in our squad.

The only other one that springs to mind is coady who captained his England age groups, but the fact that the only 3 we can name are one who provides minimal on pitch leadership, one who's not been considered previously in his ten years at the club, and one who's only really done it at youth level says quite a lot about the youth and lack of character in our squad.

True dat

Back