• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2024/2025

Mid-week round-up

Chem Campbell got a first-half brace as Reading beat Burton 3-1. Took his second goal well: a decent finish after winning the ball back. Subbed off late on.

Both goals at the start of this video:

Hugo Bueno made his comeback from injury, playing 71 minutes of a great 3-2 win at Girona in the CL. Got booked.

Chirewa made his first league start of the season and played 65 minutes of Derby's defeat at Sunderland. Did well to take the ball past a defender and get a good shot in from an angle which the keeper pushed out for a corner. Looks to have filled out a bit since last season.

Jimmy Storer kept another clean sheet (6 out of 10 in the league this season) in a 2-0 win vs Worcester City,

On as sub: Joe Hodge came on after 77 minutes for Huddersfield in their 1-0 loss at Blues.

Unsued sub: Lonwijk

Never even occured to me how that sounds!

Thanks Alan.
No reason it would have!

That one is more amusing than anything to me, hope it didn’t come off as my usual modus operandi. Like the British for a cigarette! 🙂

We did sign German Phil to replace Doc IIRC?
We'll never know how much (if at all) Nuno planned to use him as he was never fit.

However we do know that Nuno wanted Jordan Graham to play RWB and he said no.

Oh yeah I agree in that I doubt he's got much autonomy when it comes to squad building, and if Jeff wanted to pay me £100k a year to scout players and be his personal flack man then I'd probably take it too. But if he's gonna be giving it the big one saying that the defensive roster is all part of some masterplan then he deserves my derision.
Surely letting Bueno go is on the manager though? Hard to believe the CEO would be bothered about having one cheap spare full back when we tolerate a Ben Hur cast of inside forwards on big bucks.

We'll never know how much (if at all) Nuno planned to use him as he was never fit.

However we do know that Nuno wanted Jordan Graham to play RWB and he said no.
Graham came on at RWB against Exeter on Tuesday for Orient! He wasn’t great mind

That was the best thing about Nuno IMO. Almost didn't matter what the XI was, you knew exactly how he wanted each position to play and it was bleedingly obvious that every player also knew and completely understood what was being asked of them.

Oh to be so well-drilled again...

That was the best thing about Nuno IMO. Almost didn't matter what the XI was, you knew exactly how he wanted each position to play and it was bleedingly obvious that every player also knew and completely understood what was being asked of them.

He also changed our formation when required if things weren't going well.

That's the one thing that riles me the most about O'Neil, everything seems to be so focused on the opponent. Nuno just used to drill our own system into his squad and trust that it would pay off in the long run even if it wasn't perfect for every game.

That's the one thing that riles me the most about O'Neil, everything seems to be so focused on the opponent. Nuno just used to drill our own system into his squad and trust that it would pay off in the long run even if it wasn't perfect for every game.

But Twitter kids told me Nuno was rubbish. What to think.

Set of little cunts.

He also changed our formation when required if things weren't going well.
That was the other thing. The shape could change, the system largely didn't.

Not sure the phrase "halcyon days" could ever be more appropriately applied.

Personally, I think the difference is mostly that O'Neil's system just isn't very good.

Personally, I think the difference is mostly that O'Neil's system just isn't very good.
I don't think it's the system, it's not much more than a standard 4231 now we aren't playing so high and RAN isn't given licence to go walkabout. It's who he's picking and where he's playing them. Plus the centre half issue

I don't think it's the system, it's not much more than a standard 4231 now we aren't playing so high and RAN isn't given licence to go walkabout. It's who he's picking and where he's playing them. Plus the centre half issue
I really, really don't want to accept that Gomes and Lemina might just actually be that ill-disciplined positionally. I like them both too much to go with that conclusion before Gary is gone.

I really, really don't want to accept that Gomes and Lemina might just actually be that ill-disciplined positionally. I like them both too much to go with that conclusion before Gary is gone.
Lemina isn't playing there now and Andre isn't doing that abandon midfield and getting ahead of the ball thing

Back