• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2024/2025

Lemina isn't playing there now and Andre isn't doing that abandon midfield and getting ahead of the ball thing
I don't trust it. Small sample size. :)

That was the best thing about Nuno IMO. Almost didn't matter what the XI was, you knew exactly how he wanted each position to play and it was bleedingly obvious that every player also knew and completely understood what was being asked of them.

Oh to be so well-drilled again...

I feel like I learnt a lot from watching us under Nuno. My football (and general) brain is the size of a pea but I understood how the formation/s worked and the roles everyone had. I'll forever be a 3/5 ATB enjoyer

I'll forever be a 3/5 ATB enjoyer
It's only the same as any other formation. If you have the players to fit the roles and you're coached properly it'll probably look good. If you are lacking one or both of those factors then it'll probably look shit.

It's been a long time since it's been good for us, and it inevitably causes more issues than it solves. We have resembled a Mark McGhee team for ages with 3 CHs, not a Nuno team.

It's only the same as any other formation. If you have the players to fit the roles and you're coached properly it'll probably look good. If you are lacking one or both of those factors then it'll probably look shit.

It's been a long time since it's been good for us, and it inevitably causes more issues than it solves. We have resembled a Mark McGhee team for ages with 3 CHs, not a Nuno team.

Not saying I want us to play it now (read enough of that discussion 😃) . Even with Nuno back he might do something like what he's doing at Forest. I think it was maybe how specific the roles were but the setup was quite simple that made me understand things more when watching a game play out. It's probably weird but in my head football is 3ATB, I just get it better than 4ATB!

Fabio hooked after 67 minutes against 9 man Celta.

• Wow
Reactions: b3h
Weekend round up:

Hugo Bueno made his league return with a full game and an assist in a 2-1 vs Twente at home.

Fabio Silva played 67 minutes of Las Palmas' 1-0 defeat at home to Celta Vigo. Made a chance for himself but failed to put it away.

Nigel Lonwijk also returned to the starting XI for Huddersfield and helped them to a 2-0 win vs Barnsley at home. Joe Hodge played 70 minutes and picked up a booking by giving away a free kick that nearly led to a goal.

Mid-week goalscoring hero Chem Campbell couldn't find the net this weekend but played 84 minutes of Reading's 2-1 defeat at Rotherham.

Ki-Jana Hoever played an hour of Auxerre's 3-1 defeat at St Etienne. Fans of tracking back probably won't appreciate his casual stroll back in trying to stop the opener.

On as sub: Chiquinho came on for the last 20 minutes and Kaleta played the last 10 minutes or so. Nathan Fraser came on for the last few minutes of his game.

Unused sub: Roberts, Lembikisa

Not in squad: Chirewa

No game: Storer.

Last edited:
Weekend round up:

Hugo Bueno made his league return with a full game and an assist in a 2-1 vs Twente at home.

Fabio Silva played 67 minutes of Las Palmas' 1-0 defeat at home to Celta Vigo. Made a chance for himself but failed to put it away.

Nigel Lonwijk also returned to the starting XI for Huddersfield and helped them to a 2-0 win vs Barnsley at home. Joe Hodge played 70 minutes and picked up a booking by giving away a free kick that nearly led to a goal.

Mid-week goalscoring hero Chem Campbell couldn't find the net this weekend but played 84 minutes of Reading's 2-1 defeat at Rotherham.

Ki-Jana Hoever played an hour of Auxerre's 3-1 defeat at St Etienne. Fans of tracking back probably won't appreciate his casual stroll back in trying to stop the opener.

On as sub: Chiquinho came on for the last 20 minutes and Kaleta played the last 10 minutes or so.

Unused sub: Roberts, Lembikisa

Not in squad: Chirewa

No game: Storer.
Anything of Nathan Fraser these days Sedgley ?

Anything of Nathan Fraser these days Sedgley ?
Missed him off! Was a bit of a rushed one this week but yeah came on at the end of a 2-1 win. He's not getting many minutes in the Belgian second tier, which is concerning for him.

Jimmy Storer played last night as Darlaston lost 2-0 at home to Racing Club Warwick.

Fábio Silva with a goal...

Against Faroe Islands U21s.

He is properly lethal against terrible U21 teams.

He's also 22 so shouldn't be playing for them, the big fraud.

The year is 2031, despite a disappointing season in the Armenian Premier League Silva is excited by the Ítróttarfelag Fuglafjarðar project.

Last edited:
“People will talk about the £50k transfer fee, but that has nothing to do with me”

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Yes but how many other 19 year olds got 4 goals in the Premier league that season?! (Can't remember the exact quote)

Only a couple this past weekend.

Storer played in a 3-1 win at Shepshed Dynamo while Tyler Roberts came on after just 18 minutes for Flyde in a 4-1 cup defeat at home to Rochdale and scored the consolation late on, a decent first-time finish. Also went on a great run down the right before and had a shot deflected wide. Something for new boss Kevin Phillips to think about.

Goal on 5:55

Back