• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

From this weekend:

Dominic Iorfa - Ipswich Town, Championship

Played a full game as Ipswich beat Leeds 1-0. Booked.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - MK Dons, League One.

90 mins for EEL against the real Dons. Nothing of note to report except he helped keep a clean sheet in a goalless draw.

Connor Ronan - Portsmouth, League One.

Made his league debut against Scunthorpe and looked 'bright', playing as a playmaker behind the striker. Always looking for a through ball, according to the match report, and was rewarded with the MOTM awarrd, despite being subbed with 20 minutes to go. Also earned praise from Joe Gallen so an impressive start, all in all.

Donovan Wilson - Port Vale, League Two.

Came on at half time against Yeovil and helped to win a penalty with a neat flick that wrongfooted the defender causing him to commit a foul. Game ended 1-1.

Connor Johnson and Ryan Leak - Telford United, National League North

Johnson started along with Leak, who made his debut. Disaster for the new boy though, who put the ball past his own keeper from 6 yards. Apparently he had no choice but to go for it and fingers were pointed at Johnson instead for not clearing properly. Both stayed on for the duration in a game that finished 3-0.

Jack Ruddy - Ayr United, Scottish League One.

Made his debut at Raith and put in a steady performance making one particularly good stop at close range. Unable to do anything about a shot that deflected past him for the equaliser. Finshed 1-1.

Unused subs; Deslandes, Collins

Not in squad; Graham, Rainey, Allan, Oniange.

Ronan got moved out wide second half according to reports and didn't look anywhere near as effective. Fans still gave him MOTM though purely for his first half performance.

Jordan Allan is on the bench for the U23s tonight so his loan is over. I did ask Airdrie twice on Twitter to confirm, but evidently they have bigger fish to fry than saying "yes" or "no". Bellends.

Rainey and Carnat also in the squad, despite no mention from Wolves of their return.

List updated.

Carnat's return was on the Wolves site last week I think

Rainey was only ever a month, that one just expired.

Carnat was supposed to be a season-long deal so once again, we are fucking hopeless on this front.

Edit: I'm going to ignore Kenny and say it wasn't on the Wolves site because I never saw it :)

Wasn't Carnat in the Danish 2nd Division? That was a weird move form the off.

Yep, second tier. He played a handful of minutes.

Wouldn't have made it here even if we were still lumbering along in Morgan limbo.

Rainey was only ever a month, that one just expired.

Carnat was supposed to be a season-long deal so once again, we are fucking hopeless on this front.

Edit: I'm going to ignore Kenny and say it wasn't on the Wolves site because I never saw it :)
Wolves certainly said something. If I saw it then it's the site or a Tweet

Wolves certainly said something. If I saw it then it's the site or a Tweet

Maybe you were dreaming of Nicu Carnat when you were in New York?

My exhaustive search of "Carnat Wolves" on Twitter has produced nothing, nothing I tell you.

Hayden's was on the item about Leak going to Telford, didn't see Carnat though

Jordan Allan is on the bench for the U23s tonight so his loan is over. I did ask Airdrie twice on Twitter to confirm, but evidently they have bigger fish to fry than saying "yes" or "no". Bellends.
He missed an injury time penalty after a foul on Flatt in their box as Wolves went out of the BSC 2-1 to Stourbridge

On Tuesday we had Connor Johnson and Ryan Leak starting as the centre-half pairing and they were guilty of some woeful defending, especially from corners, as York raced to a 4-1 lead at half time. Leak was hauled off by Rob Edwards at half time and the second half saw some improvement at the back, with only one more goal given away. Johnson even managed to get on the scoresheet, holding off a defender to prod home a corner to claw it back to 5-3.

Last night, Prince Oniangue was back in the Angers team and played an hour of a 3-1 win over Troyes.

From the weekend;

Dominic Iorfa - Ipswich Town, Championship

Another full game and another booking for Big Dom in a 1-1 draw at Bolton.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - MK Dons, League One.

Another full game in a 2-1 loss at Northampton. Let his man get in front of him way too easily for the first.

Deslandes made his debut at Rotherham, getting forward on the overlap a few times in the first half. Was subbed off for Ronan on 66 minutes who failed to make an impact on a game they lost 1-0 late on.

Donovan Wilson - Port Vale, League Two.

Came on after an hour at Accrington but didn't make an impact. Lost 3-2.

Jack Ruddy - Ayr United, Scottish League One.

In the team in a 4-1 win against Arbroath.

Prince Oniangué - Angers, Ligue Un.

Disaster for The Prince as he's sent off for two bookable offences at Rennes. His team battled valiantly without him but succumbed to a late penalty to finish the game 1-0.

Unused subs; Collins

Game postponed; Johnson, Leak.

Deslandes made his debut at Rotherham, getting forward on the overlap a few times in the first half. Was subbed off for Ronan on 66 minutes who failed to make an impact on a game they lost 1-0 late on.

Not a direct replacement? The match report doesnt say so but he didnt play Ronan at left back did he?

Back