• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

Wilson has joined Port Vale for the rest of the season.

Good move for him and also a big one.

He needs to show that he can do it at a decent level if he's to have a future here.

Added to OP.

That's a whole defence Telford have had off us now :icon_lol:

The Ruddy deal looks dead in the water then. Wouldn't be surprised if he's off to a higher level.

I just hope Wilson gets a game, it’s stupid the amount of people we send out to warm other teams benches

I just hope Wilson gets a game, it’s stupid the amount of people we send out to warm other teams benches

He was wanted by Vale at the start of the season and by all accounts if we had landed Locadia at the end of the Transfer window he would have gone to Vale then. I think he'll get plenty of game time and goals feeding off Tom Pope's knockdowns. He should be far too good for that division as he was too good for it when we signed him from Bristol Rovers.

I'm not overly impressed with our academy over the last few years as we seem to have taken players from lower league clubs and returned them to a level below which they have come from (bar Hause and Iorfa). Doesn't look good.

We signed Wilson when Bristol Rovers were in the conference, didn't we?

Either way, I agree, good opportunity for him to do well and show he should be playing at a higher level. I don't think he will make it here as even before our signings came in I rated Ennis above him.

He was wanted by Vale at the start of the season and by all accounts if we had landed Locadia at the end of the Transfer window he would have gone to Vale then. I think he'll get plenty of game time and goals feeding off Tom Pope's knockdowns. He should be far too good for that division as he was too good for it when we signed him from Bristol Rovers.

I'm not overly impressed with our academy over the last few years as we seem to have taken players from lower league clubs and returned them to a level below which they have come from (bar Hause and Iorfa). Doesn't look good.

Yeah the Jack Ruddy case is a prime example, signed him from league 2 didn’t we? Sent him to Oldham on loan where he was promptly dropped and now he’s in the conference north

Yeah the Jack Ruddy case is a prime example, signed him from league 2 didn’t we? Sent him to Oldham on loan where he was promptly dropped and now he’s in the conference north
Ruddy hasn't gone to Telford, rumoured to be going to Ayr.

We signed Wilson when Bristol Rovers were in the conference, didn't we?

Either way, I agree, good opportunity for him to do well and show he should be playing at a higher level. I don't think he will make it here as even before our signings came in I rated Ennis above him.

Better for him to get a real taste of football - don't think that many of the loanees will make it here (especially considering where we are shopping now).

Ronan is the only possible as think that he has sufficient ability to step up

I'm not sure the Scottish third tier is much of an improvement on Conference North.

A cockahoop team 2nd in the league and looking at the title is hell of a lot better then anything at Telford.

A cockahoop team 2nd in the league and looking at the title is hell of a lot better then anything at Telford.

Raith have 2 games in hand so Ayr can have a play-off berth ;)

They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith.

Ronan MOTM for Pompey today

Looking at some fan forums it seems he was amazing for the first half at CAM then dipped in the second half following a tactical change that saw him play wider and tired (first game he s started for a while I think though to be fair)

Looking at some fan forums it seems he was amazing for the first half at CAM then dipped in the second half following a tactical change that saw him play wider and tired (first game he s started for a while I think though to be fair)
Yeah seemed to be some of Ken's magical tactics at half time.

Back