• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

Maybe we don't care what happens on Saturday and we just want someone who knows vaguely where to stand.

Young Oskar (who was nowhere near as bad vs Bristol Rovers as people will have you believe) has not been playing much for the U23s lately so he's either injured or still working at integrating into English football.

Last edited:
We've recalled Aaron Simpson for reasons best known to ourselves (can't think that he'll play on Saturday...surely)

This is a strange one.
Did we recall him or has he fell out with someone at Telford?

If it's the former then it must surely be so he can play on Saturday instead of Doherty. If Batth hadn't been banned he could have played with Bennett outside him, but as that can't happen who else will play RWB?

May all be just coincidence, we've recalled Flatt, the Duck, Randall and Leak in the last week or so because they weren't getting enough game time or in the case of Duck we want them to play at a higher level, may just be this. If he can't get a game for your feeder club with a manager you've implanted then it's difficult to see him playing on Saturday unless Nuno really couldn't give a monkeys about the result.

Duck is cup tied anyway. Plus his loan just ended rather than recalled. Cov want him but we want to put him in a higher league

From the weekend:

Dominic Iorfa, Ipswich Town, Championship.

A full game in a 1-0 defeat at home to Sheffield Utd.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell, MK, League One.

Came on for the last ten minutes in a 1-0 win at QPR. This unfortunately means he's now cup-tied in case we need to call him back to solve an apocalyptic defensive crisis.

Not in squad; Graham, Evans, Collins, Rainey, Allan, Oniangue

Game postponed; Johnson, Hayden.

Assuming there is a break clause, I'd call Graham back as a) he can cover right wing back whilst we don't have another option b) the occasional sub appearance isn't doing him any favours, he wouldn't get much less time here c) if we sign another RWB, he can go back on loan to either a lower Champ or Div 1.side where he'll play

Assuming there is a break clause, I'd call Graham back as a) he can cover right wing back whilst we don't have another option b) the occasional sub appearance isn't doing him any favours, he wouldn't get much less time here c) if we sign another RWB, he can go back on loan to either a lower Champ or Div 1.side where he'll play

Wouldn't really agree with a) - did one game there & didn't cover himself with any glory

He played there vs Yeovil, wasn't great (against no threat) but set up the goal and did enough going forward that would have produced more on another day.

He's better than having no-one. Bennett is not an option there.

God, I'd almost completely forgotten about Graham. What a strange case.

Connor Ronan made his debut for Pompey last night against Chelsea's kids in the Checkatrade. He seemed to play well, managing a couple of shots on goal.

Deslandes was an unused sub.

Reactions on Ronan's performance positive from speaking to people today, he played in the 10 role behind a loan striker.

Reactions on Ronan's performance positive from speaking to people today, he played in the 10 role behind a loan striker.
A position he will literally never be able to play here.

Not that I particularly mind but I have a feeling that will rankle some people.

We'll see, I think his ceiling is potentially pretty high and I don't think you can say right that's it we're playing 343 for the next 5 years.

We'll see, I think his ceiling is potentially pretty high and I don't think you can say right that's it we're playing 343 for the next 5 years.
Maybe not, and I guess you could make an argument that those skills would work in one of our inside forward positions. I certainly don't think we'll be using a proper #10 ever under Nuno, though.

He isn't really a number 10, I think Ken has been playing 4-4-1-1 for most of the season with a career striker in Chaplin/Pitman as the man dropping off (he won't let go of that idea), he'll likely be one of the centre mids which is where he should play.

Yeah he still does the strange withdrawn striker thing even if they have no skill set for it. Also still has the habit of failing to make 3 substitutions even when they've lost the game.

Also, Prince Oniangué made his debut for Angers tonight in their League Cup Quarter Final against Montpellier.

Interestingly, he played as the holding midfielder in a 4-1-4-1, according to the club's Twitter.

Back