• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

That Cov goal is sublime. Duckens' pass is good but that first touch is just perfect.

He may not make a career at Wolves but I think whoever scouted him deserves a lot of credit.

He's done that a few times now; dropping deep to hit a 20/30 yard pass over the top. He's clearly got an eye for it.

Shame really, he's obviously a very useful player but he's not getting a chance any time soon under Nuno. Not at the rate we're progressing.

Haven't had much time to update over Christmas but a quick look at the festive fixtures suggests that it's pretty much as we were. Dominic Iorfa came back into the Ipswich side to help them to a clean sheet against QPR, Lee Evans remains a key part of Wigan's promotion-chasing side while EEL is still starting but his place might well come under threat as MK Dons' slide towards the relegation zone continues; I'm sure they all have our sincerest sympathies.

In League Two, The Duck has been confined to cameo appearances at Coventry while Will Randall and Jon Flatt are both still nowhere to be seen in their respective squads.

In Non League, Connor Johnson remains a fixture of Rob Edwards' inconsistent Telford defence, Aaron Collins made his debut for Maidstone and Ryan Leak has fallen out of favour at TNS.

Normal service to be resumed in the New Year.

We've officially recalled Ennis from his loan. He's just got fit again I think, might be good for him to train with the first team for a while.

Flatt has been recalled as well, based on him not playing for Cheltenham

Randall's loan at FGR has been ended by Wolves

Strange one, that.

Seemed to be putting in a few decent cameos then just suddenly dropped out of the picture.

OP updated. Also removed Flatt as he's bound to have been sent back, as mentioned.

From this weekend;

Dominic Iorfa, Ipswich Town, Championship.

Subbed on for the final 15 minutes as Ipswich slipped to a 2-1 defeat at home to Derby.

Lee Evans, Wigan Athletic, League One.

Played 90 minutes in 0-0 home draw against Charlton. Carved out several chances with his deliveries but The Latics couldn't capitalise.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell, MK, League One.

A full game as MK battled to a 1-0 win over Peterborough despite playing an hour with 9 men. EEL was singled out for praise in an impressive defensive display.

Duckens Nazon, Coventry City, League Two.

Started on the bench but came on after 55 minutes in a 1-0 win at Carlisle. Did nothing of note.

Aaron Collins, Maidstone United, National League.

Back in the starting line-up and scored his first goal for Maidstone at Aldershot. Was put through on goal and nicely rounded the keeper before finishing. Subbed off with a few minutes left and ex Wolf Jim Kellerman popped to score the equaliser.

Unused subs: Leak.

Not included in squad: Graham.

Last edited:
One of my pet hates with Wolves is not updating on these lads properly (and youth contract extensions). Collins' loan was due to expire on Dec 29th, he's obviously still there but no word. Johnson went to Telford for a month, Rob Edwards said they would extend it to "the maximum" of Dec 5th...he's still there. Not a dickie from us.

Sedge does a way better job than the club does but he can only go on the information that's there, it wouldn't be hard for the club to sort it out.

Oops, not sure how he got there. Edited.

To be honest, DW, I've given up using the Club as a source of information. I go by what's on Twitter and maybe the loan clubs' websites from time to time. Like you say, it wouldn't take much for Wolves to keep us in the loop.

Must have been reading this thread :)

So that's a 4th Wolves player that Telford now have.

That'll be the maximum they can have from us this season, according to EFL rules.

Collins is back and we're looking to get him a FL loan by the looks of it.

Telford may as well ditch Hayden if they want someone else from us, he doesn't play and Conference North is still probably too high a level for him.

Mason's loan ends tomorrow and the Duck is also due back this week.

Back