• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

Ryan Rainey off to Chester for a month

He did really well for a spell a couple of seasons ago for the (then) u21s group. Had a bad injury since too I think.

Was watching local village side in the Donegal League playing 3 or 4 years ago, and at half time referee came over beside us, as it was where he had left his gear (top facilities we have), started a conversation with him and it turned out it was Rainey's father. This wasnt long after he had signed for us, he was saying that he had the pick of several clubs at the time, (he was a highly regarded youth international), mentioned Celtic, Forest and a couple more championship clubs (cant remember who, it was a Sunday and the head wasnt the best) before coming to us.

Obviously reached his limit with us the last couple of years especially after his injury. Can be one I can see heading back to the bright lights of the LOI shortly.

I wish I could remember where I read it but after our match against Fulham I saw that Jordan Graham was brought to the club without Jokanovic's approval? That could certainly explain why he's disappeared there.

They sacked their moneyball guy the week they played us so it would make sense.

I don't understand why you would sign Ojo at all but I definitely don't get why you would sign both him and Graham in the same window and they aren't even the only left sided options at the club.

From the weekend;

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - MK Dons, League One.

Played a full game at Charlton. Lucky not to score an own goal as a shot spooned off his head and hit the inside of the post before bouncing to safety. Also nearly scored at the opposite end with a towering header that flashed just wide. Guilty of giving his man too much room for Charlton's second which led to a cross being deflected into the Dons's net by Scott Golbourne. Finished 2-2.

Duckens 'The Duck' Nazon - Coventry City, League Two.

Brought on early in the second half with Cov one down and helped them turn the game around, scoring the winner. Also had a couple of other shots on target.

Goal on 1.40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iuer3f0_Nw

Aaron Simpson, Aaron Hayden and Connor Johnson - AFC Telford, Conference North.

Johnson and Simpson started at home to Alfreton. Simpson was subbed with 20 minutes to go while Johnson very nearly equalised with a header from a corner that 'squirted agonisingly wide'. The visitors won 2-1.

Ryan Leak - TNS FC, Welsh Premier League.

Another full game and a clean sheet in a 1-0 win at Llandudno.

Jordan Allan - Airdrieonians, Scottish League One.

Only a late cameo in a pretty disastrous exit to Cove Rangers of the Highland League in the Scottish Cup.

Paul Gladon - Heracles, Eredivisie.

A full game in a 4-1 defeat at Den Haag.

Subs not used: Iorfa, Evans, Randall, Hayden, Rainey.

Not in squad: Graham, Mason, Ruddy (now seemingly relegated to third choice), Flatt (elbow injury)

Last edited:
Jordan Graham played for the Fulham U23's tonight. Such a brilliant loan move for him. What a waste of an important 6-12 months in his career.

Even if Jokanovic didn't want him at the start, he's had a chance to get in their team with Kebano misfiring a bit. Hasn't happened. Very little sympathy for him tbh.

Even if Jokanovic didn't want him at the start, he's had a chance to get in their team with Kebano misfiring a bit. Hasn't happened. Very little sympathy for him tbh.

Jokanovic didn't play him to make a point about the nutter in charge of transfers who was fired a couple of games ago. This one is nothing to do with Graham but down to the joke system Fulham had in place.

Jokanovic didn't play him to make a point about the nutter in charge of transfers who was fired a couple of games ago. This one is nothing to do with Graham but down to the joke system Fulham had in place.
Yeesh. Such pettiness in pro sports.

Yeesh. Such pettiness in pro sports.

I kind of get Jokanovic taking a stance against the idiot though (Kline not Graham). Apparently just before the firing of Kline he came up with the idea to prove to the press he and Jokanovic got on fine by wanting to burst into the managers press conference in a sumo suit and have a joke fight with him, even suggesting Jokanovic should rip his clothes off to show a sumo outfit. This would go viral and prove they got on.
So the players Kline signed were dumped in the U23's instead

Aye, I like Jokanovic so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Cheers for the info, I suppose I was being too harsh on Jordan, even if I don't think he really has a place under Nuno.

From mid-week;

Lee Evans, Wigan Athletic, League One.

Managed to get back into the team for the visit of Doncaster. Involved in the first goal and had a long range effort saved. Went off with 10 minutes left to a standing ovation, with the score at 3-0.

Ryan Rainey, Chester FC, National League.

Played 82 minutes in a 2-2 draw at Leyton Orient.

Aaron Simpson, Aaron Hayden and Connor Johnson - AFC Telford, Conference North.

Johnson and Simpson start at home to Tamworth, who had ex-Wolves Regan Upton and Bradley Reid in their squad. Johnson was a strong presence at the back with him and Simpson helping the defence to a clean sheet in a 2-0 win. Hayden came on with 10 to go to make the backline three quarters Wolves.

Unused subs; Iorfa, Randall.

Suspended; EEL, Nazon (criticised by Mark Robins for picking up a silly booking the previous game, ''maybe he fancied a day off").

Out of squad; Mason, Graham, Ruddy, Flatt,

The Duck took his shirt off when he scored last weekend. Wanted to show off how hench he is, no doubt.

I think Mason is injured (again) rather than just being shit. I mean he is that as well, but he'd probably get on the bench normally.

Maybe he fancies a start as he's your best forward, Mark, you fucking tool.

The Duck took his shirt off when he scored last weekend. Wanted to show off how hench he is, no doubt.

I think Mason is injured (again) rather than just being $#@!. I mean he is that as well, but he'd probably get on the bench normally.
Burton's subs a couple of kids changed the game on Tuesday, assuming there is a break clause very average Joe will be back in Jan and they'll spend the money on a player that actually upgrades them

He only signed for them until January anyway. Whatever they're paying him, it isn't worth it.

Back