• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

His only real chance will be in the FA Cup, so a view into what the club think will be given when the 1st Round is played this weekend

, I don't think there's much point bringing him back to spend the vast majority of the time on our bench as he wouldn't be our first choice striker.

His loan ends early Jan (1st or 2nd) so he is back regardless.

Not going well at all for Jordan Graham. Gotta wonder where he goes from here. For all the potential that people have seen, I expect we'll sell/let him go at the end of the season.

Particularly given the impact the few games he got before being injured - many thought we had a real star (that may have been partly due to the paucity of the other options)

He has sufficient skill to be a success at least at this level, though some indications that attitude is not all it could be. Clearly not fitted at Fulham & can't see a place back here for him now

We could use a backup at rwb though... surprisingly, he did not look out of place there in preseason and doc can't play every game. Not sure when the german is expected back or if he is even good enough, but other than that we don't really have anyone else.

Was Graham on a half or full season loan? Obviously wasting his time at Fulham and would probably benefit from dropping down a league (or going to Burton) in the short term.

Guess it's a real sign of Wolves recent progress that we were recently looking to both Graham and Zyro's return to lift the term and kick on. Realistically both could be gone by Jan as the pair looking wholly superfluous.

Was Graham on a half or full season loan? Obviously wasting his time at Fulham and would probably benefit from dropping down a league (or going to Burton) in the short term.

Guess it's a real sign of Wolves recent progress that we were recently looking to both Graham and Zyro's return to lift the term and kick on. Realistically both could be gone by Jan as the pair looking wholly superfluous.

Full season but we can recall him in January (all our season loan deals have a clause where we can end it in January if we want)

Took advantage of Wolves playing yesterday to go and watch Hereford take on AFC Telford today.

Connor Johnson looked good, spent the whole day dealing with an absolute unit upfront but seemed to win the vast majority of aerial battles, seemed half decent on the ball too, definitely their best defender today - was quite impressed.

Was unsure about Aaron Simpson, certainly got forward alot with quite a bit of pace too. In terms of defending though, he was very lucky to get away without being booked, committed many fouls (many of which just looked like poor or late tackles), I counted about 6/7 fouls, Hereford fans certainly took a disliking to him for it. When he actually received the ball in the good positions that he worked himself into, not much really happened, no crosses, often just passed the ball back where it came from.

Overall though, very fun day out! Though the standard was pretty bad. Was pretty disappointed with Telford too, they seemed well drilled defensively, but didn't seem to have any ideas or trained methods for going forward. I'm not sure if it was particulalry reminiscent of the few games Edwards had here, but it was just very pedestrian going forward. I say any team who fails to take advantage of everyone's favourite Ryan Green playing at CB has not done a good job!
Fair play to Hereford though, they won 1-0 and really looked comfortable throughout the 90.

From the weekend;

Lee Evans - Wigan Athletic, League One.

Back in the team for a cup game against Crawley and scored a beauty of a goal. Picked it up 30 yards out, switched feet and thwacked it into the top corner. Finished 2-1.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - MK Dons, League One.

A full game and a goal in a 4-0 cup win at Hyde United. Sweeped in a close range finished after a bit of pinball in the box.

Duckens 'The Duck' Nazon - Coventry City, League Two.

Subbed on for last 20 minutes in a cup win over Maidenhead.

Aaron Simpson and Connor Johnson - AFC Telford, Conference North.

Johnson and Simpson start in a cup tie at Hereford. Simpson subbed with 10 to go and game finished 1-0 to Hereford .

Ryan Leak - TNS FC, Welsh Premier League.

Another full game in a 1-0 defeat to Barry Town. Nearly scored off a corner.

Jordan Allan - Airdrieonians, Scottish League One.

Came on for the last 20 minutes in a 1-0 loss at Alloa.

Unused subs; Iorfa, Ruddy, Randall and Hayden.

Not in the squad; Mason and Graham.

The only player from that list I'm bothered about keeping is the Duck. That move for Jordan Graham really hasn't worked out for him which is a massive shame.

Why would you want to keep a player whose level is Lg1 or 2? Makes no sense to me. Let him go and carve out a career in the lower leagues, we have bigger fish to fry.

Why would you want to keep a player whose level is Lg1 or 2? Makes no sense to me. Let him go and carve out a career in the lower leagues, we have bigger fish to fry.

Maybe. But he's done well at Coventry. I wouldn't mind if he came back for the second half of the season and was used as back up to Leo.

Fully expect him to move away from Molineux in the summer, regardless of which division we are in.

I think Wilson is the better player of the two. I think we'd rather buy another than give the Duck a chance and I don't see anything wrong with that.

If we planned to use him this season then we would almost certainly have played him in the FA Cup Third Round (by which point there's every chance we won't have signed a new striker, it's the 6th of January)...we've allowed him to be cup-tied which speaks volumes.

Fully expect him to stay at Cov for the remainder of the season now.

Shite article that is a half arsed attempt at this thread, with no news or insights at all.

Shame we haven't been able to get any info on how Carnat is doing. I thought he was rated?

Agree that Nazons will spend the rest of the season at Cov. If we go up, expect we'll release him.

Carnat won't ever make it here and will not be coming back. He's played 25 minutes of senior football for Esbjerg.

The Duck has already signed a contract extension, he's here until 2019 at least. Someone will pay for him if we decide that he's surplus.

Ah, didn't know that he'd signed an extension.
Sounds like Carnat has started the exit process already then.
I continue to hope that Iorfa regains his composure and form.

From the weekend;

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - MK Dons, League One.

A full game in a 1-0 win over Fleetwood. Said to be part of a firm defence in this game, 'putting his body on the line' to prevent the opposition from scoring. Also picked up a booking.

Aaron Simpson, Aaron Hayden and Connor Johnson - AFC Telford, Conference North.

Johnson and Simpson start at FC United of Manchester. Telford lose 3-1. Simpson was subbed off with 10 minutes to go

Ryan Leak - TNS FC, Welsh Premier League.

Played a full two hours as TNS progressed to the Iron-Bru semis by beating Queen of the South on penalties.

Jordan Allan - Airdrieonians, Scottish League One.

Started against Stranraer. Had the ball in the net but was disallowed for handball. Subbed after an hour. Airdrie won 2-0.

Unused subs; Ruddy, Flatt, Randall, Hayden.

The Duck played all 90 minutes in Haiti's 1-0 away win in UAE. Coventry missed him, losing 0-1 at home to Mansfield.

Back