• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 28/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't. Playing a high line is the stupidity.

You can play 4 at the back on the edge of your own area and play on the counter.

I'd play deeper and try at least to go on the counter press rather than this stupid murderball stuff for 90 minutes.
60* (at best)

Nice easy one to be going on with while we're bottom of the league...

We're going to have to work on the basis that Yerson is injured. And really hope Toti is fit because can you imagine how slow a Dawson/Santi partnership would be. And hope a lot of things go in our favour. And hope our manager actually puts people in their proper position.

Still though, we'll probably sell out due to the number of Liverpool "fans" with WV postcodes so it's a big win for Jeff Shi.

------------------------------Johnstone--------------------------

Semedo-------------Dawson------------Toti------------Ait-Nouri

----------------------------André---------------------------------

---------------------J Gomes--------Lemina-----------------------

---------------Forbs-------Strand Larsen------Cunha----------------

2023/24: L 1-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2022/23: W 3-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), D 2-2 (A, FAC), L 0-1 (H, FAC)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2020/21: L 0-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2018/19: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2016/17: W 2-1 (A, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2003/04: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)

I like with this but swap Lemina and Andre. Lemina and Gomes as DM in front of the back 4. I would like to see Doyle play maybe instead of Gomes who can be rotated in the squad with Lemina or Andre depending on fatigue.

Deep back four, two DMs, Lemina as box to box, Cunha and Forbs behind JSL. It's simply got to be a low block, frustrate and deny them space in behind, and see if we can do something on the counter. Anything else is just tactically illiterate.

Deep back four, two DMs, Lemina as box to box, Cunha and Forbs behind JSL. It's simply got to be a low block, frustrate and deny them space in behind, and see if we can do something on the counter. Anything else is just tactically illiterate.
Massive lack of width but we don't really create much from there anyway. Full backs wouldn't need too much protection if you're effectively dropping into a back six with the two DMs so that would be a positive. JSL's pace on the break may be questionable but still, hold up and feed Cunha and/or Forbs may work.

100% agreed. But knowing those jammy bastards, they'd probably get a lucky deflection or an own goal.

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool Verdict Thread

Just thoroughly depressed myself reading this. To think we fallen so far, so fast, with not that much less talented a squad. You could say it gives cause for optimism, I suppose, if you're the glass-quarter-full type (half-full would be too generous at the moment).

It's interesting that pretty much everyone is predicting a dicking on Saturday, personally I don't think it will be quite so easy for Liverpool. Almost nailed on on we'll lose of course but I'm expecting a more tricky game for the Scousers.
If we do get hammered then surely that's the end for Gaz despite the opposition?

It's interesting that pretty much everyone is predicting a dicking on Saturday, personally I don't think it will be quite so easy for Liverpool. Almost nailed on on we'll lose of course but I'm expecting a more tricky game for the Scousers.
If we do get hammered then surely that's the end for Gaz despite the opposition?
I would think so . Lage was sacked on October 2nd - the circumstances are the exact same now . Why wait any longer if Fosun want to ensure that our PL status is maintained - which I think for all their flaws , they do .

The quicker he gets sacked will be better in the long term for O'Neil anyway. Sack him after a loss to Liverpool and every talking head will be saying it's totally unfair, sold his best players out from under him and didn't replace etc. Whereas let our appalling form continue and he can't stop it, then he loses any cache and positives from early last season.

For what it's worth I still think he'll be here the end of October regardless of results.

The quicker he gets sacked will be better in the long term for O'Neil anyway. Sack him after a loss to Liverpool and every talking head will be saying it's totally unfair, sold his best players out from under him and didn't replace etc. Whereas let our appalling form continue and he can't stop it, then he loses any cache and positives from early last season.

For what it's worth I still think he'll be here the end of October regardless of results.
I think we go down if he is

paddy has predicted we'll get a tonking.
This usually means we will win, or it's a close game at least...

It'll be a brave defeat I'd imagine.

However if we play a 4 with Dawson and Santi then it won't be **that** brave.

It'll be a brave defeat I'd imagine.

However if we play a 4 with Dawson and Santi then it won't be **that** brave.
A 'brave' defeat or similar to recent games, competitive for 60 minutes then capitulation will probably be enough to keep his job short term. A real thraping and he could go imo.

I think even if we get a spanking that they'll give him the Brentford game. Makes more sense to sack a manager going into an international break.

I think it would have to be the players clearly give up and stop playing for him kind of defeat to go after Liverpool
Essentially 11 Sarabia v Brighton performances or worse than that 11 Hwang's v Brighton (although that was just a Hwang type performance, no giving up required).

Even then, we saw players properly give up under Lage and they did nothing.

I mean there is no "they". No-one above Jeff Shi is interested and no-one below him has the mandate to sack the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back