• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A, LC) 18/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Good performance until 70 minutes I’d say Brighton just stepped things up a bit and we looked second best again until the end.
First half was dreadful
We were worse after we brought our first teamers on, strangely.
Lemina, Cunha and Strand Larsen produced nothing. Semedo did ok initially but was partly responsible for their third goal.

Lemina, Cunha and Strand Larsen produced nothing. Semedo did ok initially but was partly responsible for their third goal.
Strand Larsen did produce the assist for the second goal, and it was good work. Semedo should have had two assists too if we could finish. Lemina and Cunha did produce nothing.

Gomes over hit a pass that would have put Larsen clean through. Probably at least half a dozen other poor final balls that should have lead to chances.

Strand Larsen did produce the assist for the second goal, and it was good work. Semedo should have had two assists too if we could finish. Lemina and Cunha did produce nothing.
Yeah SL did provide the assist for Doyles Goal. Can't remember the two Semedo 'almost' assists tbh, i just watched the highlights back and they don't show them.
Doc assist for our first goal obvs.

Although we were bad first half I do have some sympathy for the manager as Sa basically gave them all of their goals. Played well second half and missed some chances. Defence looks dodgy but then we were playing Lima, Pond, Bueno and Doherty so it was always going to. Ultimately we can’t really afford to care about the league cup when we’ve started the league so badly.

Although we were bad first half I do have some sympathy for the manager as Sa basically gave them all of their goals. Played well second half and missed some chances. Defence looks dodgy but then we were playing Lima, Pond, Bueno and Doherty so it was always going to. Ultimately we can’t really afford to care about the league cup when we’ve started the league so badly.
I'll give you Sa wasn't really on it but to blame him seems a bit strange when the outfield players didn't do their job in closing down yet again. Way too many goals being scored against us this season from long shots.

Back