• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 28/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Playing one of the best teams in the league
On a shocking run of form
Bottom of the league
Our first choice centre half out for the season
A kid with barely no first team experience having to be part of the first team
A virus going around the squad that will probably mean enforced changes tomorrow
Morale around the club at the lowest in years

Still - good news about the chocolate oranges

Playing one of the best teams in the league
On a shocking run of form
Bottom of the league
Our first choice centre half out for the season
A kid with barely no first team experience having to be part of the first team
A virus going around the squad that will probably mean enforced changes tomorrow
Morale around the club at the lowest in years

Still - good news about the chocolate oranges

Tomorrow may be a good time for Wolverhampton Wanderers to play Liverpool - Steve Madeley.

No, really. He actually wrote that.

Tomorrow may be a good time for Wolverhampton Wanderers to play Liverpool - Steve Madeley.

No, really. He actually wrote that.

Spoke to my mate last night and he agrees 100%.

Well, he would - he's a Liverpool fan.

Seen a fair few people advocating a start for Doyle because Lemina/Andre/Gomes all too similar in the sense that they are “ball winners”. People suggesting we need someone who can put their foot on the ball and switch the play when required etc. Also a general consensus that Gomes picks up a lot of bookings & then walks a tightrope for the rest of the game.

Don’t necessarily agree. I just want Gaz to play them as an actual midfield three and stop with all the weirdness.
Andre’s distribution has looked excellent and Gomes much improved. I like Doyle but would put him ahead of our 2 Brazilian midfielders.

GON seems to think Doyle is a deep lying midfielder. He isn't. Sick of seeing him come on and sit in front of the back 4, happened both last season and this

Johnstone
Bueno, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Andre, Lemina, Ait-Nouri
Cunha, Larsen

Liverpool are obviously class but it's been noticeable the athleticism and pace they have in the middle when at their best, but I actually think we can compete with them on that front with this team.

Keep it tight, defend deep and counter (easy this managing :)).

Then do what Forest did and gradually go for it the longer the game goes on. I've been baffled at O'Neil's reluctance to use Forbs considering he seems to be the quickest player we have by far, and this seems another game we could need him late on. Maybe bring him on for Lemina if we're going to be a bit more adventurous.

As others have said, I fear a back four gets ripped apart but if we keep in it, the crowd will help and the Forest result proves they can be got at.
I quite like this team but if we are looking to play on the counter would play Guedes ahead of Larsen.

I quite like this team but if we are looking to play on the counter would play Guedes ahead of Larsen.

I'd sooner we have a chance of retaining the ball if played in to a forward and Larsen suits that task more than Guedes.

I'd sooner we have a chance of retaining the ball if played in to a forward and Larsen suits that task more than Guedes.
Absolutely. We completely fell apart after he hooked Larsen last week (for seemingly no reason - he wasn't knackered or injured). He's the only player in the squad capable of holding the ball up.

"Liverpool are extremely well ran football club. No shock that they've started well under the new manager" = "It's not my fault, I need some time."
If this is the quote verbatim then it’s deliciously direct.

Won’t save him in my eyes but would give me something to smile at.

LL is suggesting Pond might START tomorrow if other players don't get over this virus. That's the same Alfie Pond that couldn't get a game at Stockport in league 2 last season, FYI.

All "part of the plan" though, according to Hobbsy & ShiTcunt.

LL is suggesting Pond might START tomorrow if other players don't get over this virus. That's the same Alfie Pond that couldn't get a game at Stockport in league 2 last season, FYI.

On his podcast the other day he was suggesting if we go with a 3, Doc might play as RCB.
Depends what's happening with this virus I expect.

giphy.gif

RIP to Maggie and RIP to our GD.

Back