• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 28/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Fucking wound me up that did, patronising cunt. "duh, nobody at our size who plays four at the back will have five senior CB options".

I'll tell you what nobody else will do, you scruffy fuck? It's play back four and have 5 players who are fit for purpose across it. You can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you've done nothing wrong, but you fucking have. We could have 17 central defenders to choose from but if they're all as good Santi fucking Bueno then we'e still fucked. If MATT DOHERTY is getting picked, then you've fucking failed. Don't fucking talk about numbers, filling the squad with shit isn't a win.

Fucking wound me up that did, patronising cunt. "duh, nobody at our size who plays four at the back will have five senior CB options".
Not true anyway.

Just to pick one out, Fulham have Bassey, Andersen, Cuenca and Diop, with Tete more than capable of filling in if required (he has played CH way more in his career than Semedo or Doherty have between them, and they have a proper senior alternative at RB if he does have to move across).

His Hobbs investing Brighton are bigger than us too?

I'm staying to really dislike Hobbs and his back patting shitness.

Pond wasn't even training with the first team until a couple of weeks ago. Not someone they have high hopes for, just a warm body. It's going to be Fraseresque
To a Lg1 club too.

He's a solid lump of a CB that isn't good enough for this level but well have a decent career at Championship/ Lg1.

Not true anyway.

Just to pick one out, Fulham have Bassey, Andersen, Cuenca and Diop, with Tete more than capable of filling in if required (he has played CH way more in his career than Semedo or Doherty have between them, and they have a proper senior alternative at RB if he does have to move across).
“Well obviously we aren’t in as attractive an area to players as London” 🙄🙄🙄

His Hobbs investing Brighton are bigger than us too?

I'm staying to really dislike Hobbs and his back patting shitness.
He's just another Fosun "yes man"

He was promoted from the recruitment department and I think we got caught up in the fact that he wasn't Sellars and can clearly identify talent.

It is not like he was part of any kind of robust recruitment process to get this current job - just a chancer who has been promoted.

Doesn't mean he couldn't be good - but a bit like a HR department his first priority is to protect the ownership not appease the fans.

It's the Shi MO. Promote somebody out of their depth who'll roll over and get their bellies tickled, keep quiet and take the money until the shit gets too deep, then sign their little NDA, fuck off, and then start again.

Back