• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 28/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ridiculous tbf. Asking for trouble. Surely the police or council should encourage a pub to be designated away fans only? Fuck me, I might open one 😂 £20k every fortnight then a nice break

I suppose they can encourage but can't force anyone. There's probably a reason why the Blue Brick don't want them anymore, the clean up alone would take a huge chunk out of that fortnightly profit.

There's probably a reason why the Blue Brick don't want them anymore, the clean up alone would take a huge chunk out of that fortnightly profit.
More to do with Whitbread making cuts. Do away fans really smash up pubs these days. It’s not something I’ve seen.

More to do with Whitbread making cuts. Do away fans really smash up pubs these days. It’s not something I’ve seen.

If they're shit places like the Blue Brick which I'd imagine is basically just a room serving Carling or cider in a plastic glass then yeah they get pretty minging. Not smashed up but definitely trashed.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a game less. This is definitely not the way it should be.

Swapping Dawson for Toti is like them swapping Trent for Ki-Jana Hoever.
Behave. Toti has been very disappointing this season but he’s nowhere close to deserving this comparison.

If they're shit places like the Blue Brick which I'd imagine is basically just a room serving Carling or cider in a plastic glass then yeah they get pretty minging. Not smashed up but definitely trashed.
Pretty sure it's not open as a pub/restaurant full stop any more. Just for guests staying in the Premier Inn (and presumably where they get served a poor, overpriced breakfast each morning). Not so much a business decision based on football crowds.

The problem is that we're short on pubs for home fans as it stands. We have fewer on offer than when we averaged around 22,000 in the Championship 10 years ago. There's now another 8-9k on the gate and fewer places to go. EVERYWHERE gets rammed, even the awful ones like the Moon. Can't even get a seat in quite a few of them without pre-booking. I more or less gave up going anywhere pre-match after Christmas last season, I just wasn't enjoying it any more, no space, getting harder to have a chat without shouting, having to plan it like a military operation weeks in advance, having to stack up drinks orders on apps in advance or you're sat/stood without a pint for half an hour or more at a time as staffing is an issue everywhere and they just don't have the numbers.

You try putting away fans into pubs to add to that and it's a recipe for chaos.

Last edited:
I wonder if they could use the civic halls as an away boozer?

You'd struggle with policing if it's a team judged as "high risk". Immediate flashpoint potential there as they'd be leaving right into the stream of thousands of home fans heading towards the South Bank and Steve Bull.

It's the Shi MO. Promote somebody out of their depth who'll roll over and get their bellies tickled, keep quiet and take the money until the shit gets too deep, then sign their little NDA, fuck off, and then start again.
Sounds good tbf. Where do I apply?

Pretty sure it's not open as a pub/restaurant full stop any more. Just for guests staying in the Premier Inn (and presumably where they get served a poor, overpriced breakfast each morning). Not so much a business decision based on football crowds.
Yeah, there's a lot of pubs next to Premier Inns that have gone this way.

It's a complete PITA when you've had to travel for work and you get there and discover that the pub next door is shut and you need to find a vaguely passable meal in, say, Falkirk.

</rant>

GYkljkzXkAArVwE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back