• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 21.12.18

Quick attacking play doesn't necessarily mean it's all one-touch.
I get that but I still didn't think it was that quick.
Doesn't really matter, people have different opinions, doesn't mean either one is wrong.

There's some brilliance from Adama, realizing he won't get a whistle he deserved, puts in a good cross far post but Doc and Jiminez (I think) get in each other's way.

I get that but I still didn't think it was that quick.
Doesn't really matter, people have different opinions, doesn't mean either one is wrong.
It's the speed of thought from Fabinho and Salah, IMO. They read each other's movements brilliantly quick.

Liverpool controlling it now, first to every second ball.

Someone needs to tell the comms that a Mexican Z is not pronounced like a "th". It's NOT Jimineth.

It's the speed of thought from Fabinho and Salah, IMO. They read each other's movements brilliantly quick.

It's not that special Alan, there's no great pressure on the man with the ball and Fabinho is running into acres of space, it's not that difficult to see.

Great challenge there from Bennett to just nick the chipped ball away from Salah.

But it's not like it was an unstoppable goal. It was lazy from Neves to not follow Fabinho into the box and Boly for not closing quicker.

But it's not like it was an unstoppable goal. It was lazy from Neves to not follow Fabinho into the box and Boly for not closing quicker.
Well at that point there's hardly any goal that's "unstoppable".

Funny you say that, the way you usually critique defending makes nearly every goal sound unstoppable.

Neves has been poor since the goal. Giving away possession in bad spots.

Funny you say that, the way you usually critique defending makes nearly every goal sound unstoppable.
Don't have a clue what you're talking about if I'm honest.

Poor choice of phrasing on my part.
There are some goals you hold your hands up and say "That was fantastic football, nothing could be done".
The Liverpool goal was not one of them.
I personally think you're giving them too much credit, but that's your opinion, you're more than entitled to it.

Poor choice of phrasing on my part.
There are some goals you hold your hands up and say "That was fantastic football, nothing could be done".
The Liverpool goal was not one of them.
I personally think you're giving them too much credit, but that's your opinion, you're more than entitled to it.
Tbh at a certain point I've become weary of the endless critiquing of defensive play. Makes every attack sound like a happy accident than earned, IMO.

Neves has been poor since the goal. Giving away possession in bad spots.
We've come back into things quite well since I posted this.

Tbh at a certain point I've become weary of the endless critiquing of defensive play. Makes every attack sound like a happy accident than earned, IMO.
I've got no problem at all with praising attacking play, I just didn't think the Liverpool goal was that good. The finish itself was good, the flick outside of the foot.

Don't have a clue what you're talking about if I'm honest.

Well this is exactly what I'm on about, you give massive amounts of credit to any bit of attacking play and seemingly hold defenders to very low standards in standing up that play.

Bit unlucky there as Jonny and Saiss battle their way down the left into a good position, the latter picking out the former in the box but he draws a blank at the crucial time and just sort of knocks it further into the box harmlessly.

Very good breakthrough from Doc there

Well this is exactly what I'm on about, you give massive amounts of credit to any bit of attacking play and seemingly hold defenders to very low standards in standing up that play.

Bit unlucky there as Jonny and Saiss battle their way down the left into a good position, the latter picking out the former in the box but he draws a blank at the crucial time and just sort of knocks it further into the box harmlessly.
I guess I would say that I see a great deal of holding defenders to an impossible standard.

Absolutely filthy touch from Moutinho in that one two with Doherty, then Jimenez just can't sort his feet out quickly enough with the square pass to get a shot away. Really unlucky there.

Back