• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 21.12.18

Doc again close, he is very good finding space and solutions in the final third

We're creating a lot of chances just now but nothing ultimately clear enough to truly test Alisson.

I guess I would say that I see a great deal of holding defenders to an impossible standard.
I wouldn't say it's an impossible standard expecting your players to follow their man into the box or asking them to close down quicker to prevent a ball across the box.

I guess I would say that I see a great deal of holding defenders to an impossible standard.

Is that how you view Liverpool's goal today? You think it's impossible for Neves or Boly to do any better? Neither of them take a single step to track or close Fabinho.

I wouldn't say it's an impossible standard expecting your players to follow their man into the box or asking them to close down quicker to prevent a ball across the box.
Yeah, not really referring to Liverpool's goal but just in general here and from most British pundits I've seen.

Clash of cultures innit.

My view on the goal, we should have done much better defensively. Was a fairly simple move by Liverpool

Is that how you view Liverpool's goal today? You think it's impossible for Neves or Boly to do any better? Neither of them take a single step to track or close Fabinho.
By the time Fabinho has broken forward there's not much either would have done to change the outcome, IMO. The cross goes through Boly's feet.

Half time.

Maybe the best performance that we'll have while still losing. We've been really, really good.

By the time Fabinho has broken forward there's not much either would have done to change the outcome, IMO. The cross goes through Boly's feet.

When he plays the ball wide Neves is goal side of Fabinho, he just stands still and lets him run behind, that situation should never have been allowed to develop as Neves has no excuse not to see his man make that run and follow it. At the same time Boly is completely free and should see Fabinho make that run into space unfollowed, he should be stepping out to close down the space he's running into.

It's an extremely routine exchange between the Liverpool players and the amount of space they find as a result is alarmingly, that's down to poor defending.

Decent enough half. Liverpool scored a good goal. It happens. Yes there are things we could have done but it was a decent goal. Doc doing well. Moutinho Raul doing well. Neves absent ffs

Just struggling with that final pass tonight.

Liverpool have been class in possession as you'd expect. Good goal from them. Neves was slightly unlucky not to nick the ball off them in the build up. Fabinho in behind too easy and you can't let Salah run off you 6 yards out though.

I think we've been decent Doc is playing really well taking advantage of the closer marking on Jiminez and Traore.

I would like to see MGW for Moutinho at some point

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the pre-match show was awesome.

Game has been ok, Milner is a dirty slow bastard, ref is shit.

We have played well despite what the idiots on FB are saying. Doc has been superb.

Conditions look absolutely fooking atrocious so fair play to the 30 thousand in there tonight, atmosphere sounds INCREDIBLE

Good long diagonal passes from Doc and Coady

Meh, it's quite warm. It's the poor fuckers in the temporary stand i feel sorry for.

I think we're playing really well so far. You know Liverpool can produce that extra bit of quality going forward, as you would expect, but we're putting them under plenty of pressure at the back.

I enjoyed that half despite the fact that we're losing.

Liverpool so good at letting you keep the ball, so long as it's to make the pass you don't really want

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the pre-match show was awesome.

Game has been ok, Milner is a dirty slow bastard, ref is shit.

Is it true that it was the same show from pre-Honved?

Positives so far, Doc, Bennett and Raul who is doing the job of 3 players. Traore beginning to look slightly more composed. Negatives Neves looks anonymous and Boly is mixing good defending with sloppiness

Back