• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 21.12.18

Jiminez with some brilliant hold up and sets Adama through, but van Dijk is in good position and forces Adama into a tame shot with no support arriving.

Jonny down holding his hamstring and I think he may be done for a while yet again.

EDIT: Maybe not, thought it was a muscle injury but now see he was contacted by Boly. May not be too bad.

Good start so far

Jiminez with some brilliant hold up and sets Adama through, but van Dijk is in good position and forces Adama into a tame shot with no support arriving.

Bit disappointed with Traore on that one, good pass out to him from Jimenez and plenty of space ahead of him but he never really looked to go through the gears and test van Dijk, pretty easy for him to just stay with Traore and close down the angle in the end.

Cheeky little pass from Doherty just now to get Saiss in behind, been a good few openings like that now, unfortunately probably one of the last people in the tema you'd want to find in that position and even with a slight deflection off Lovren his shot wasn't too testing for Alisson.

But Salah scores as usual

Liverpool lead and it's really just an exceptional string of passes from Liverpool. Nothing we could have done about it.

Could Neves or Boly done more? Neves just left Fabinho run in the box and having done that, Boly should have closed him down quicker.

Liverpool lead and it's really just an exceptional string of passes from Liverpool. Nothing we could have done about it.

Well there was something to be done about it, Neves just let Fabinho run off him when he played it out wide and Boly did nothing to come over and cover him either, results in him having far too much space in behind to play the ball across for Salah.

Could Neves or Boly done more? Neves just left Fabinho run in the box and having done that, Boly should have closed him down quicker.
Not for me, just have to tip our collective hat to the movement and speed of the attack there, IMO.

Lovren with a complete airshot there trying to sweep up what should've been the most routine of stray passes, Saiss not quite close enough to really worry him though and he tidies up at the second attempt.

Liverpool coming into more firm control now, but not dominating things.

Not for me, just have to tip our collective hat to the movement and speed of the attack there, IMO.
I didn't that it was that quick. Wasn't like it was 1 touch passing.
Movement was good but it was definitely preventable if Neves had followed his man or Boly was more alert to the situation.

Saiss is maybe too slow at this level

I didn't that it was that quick. Wasn't like it was 1 touch passing.
Movement was good but it was definitely preventable if Neves had followed his man or Boly was more alert to the situation.
Quick attacking play doesn't necessarily mean it's all one-touch.

We are backing to deep now, partly because liverpool has great movement

Quick attacking play doesn't necessarily mean it's all one-touch.

It might not have been stopped but there was certainly more could've been done to try and stop it. Neves goes to sleep and Boly just doesn't react to the issue, it was far too easy.

Back