• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 21.12.18

I'm very much looking forward to all the Xmas jumpers.

got mine on in anticipation. You'll see it provided the door staff let me in.

At work, and hoping they'll send us home. Very little to do. If most are off work, twf is gonna be quiet, which'll make the time drag...

No Jota is a real shame. I reckon he'd have given them some real issues on the break.

Got to be Cav now.

Can see that happening too...

Paul Merson has gone for 4-0 Liverpool...

Patricio

Bennett Coady Boly

Doc Saiss Neves Jonny

Moutinho Traore Costa

Nailed on.

FWIW this is my preferred option
Patricio

Bennett - Coady - Boly

Doc - Dendonker/Saiss - Neves - Jonny

Moutinho

Raul - MGW​

FWIW this is my preferred option
Patricio

Bennett - Coady - Boly

Doc - Dendonker/Saiss - Neves - Jonny

Moutinho

Raul - MGW​

Apparently it’s this but Traore for MGW

Oh good. I hope Traore is down the middle as it's worked so well before.

Jimenez against Van Dijk might be quite an interesting battle, the latter can sometimes appear a little half hearted to me so a real grafter like Jimenez might be able to catch him out a couple of times.

Traore and Lovren could be a weird battle, both capable of looking imperious or completely amateurish, sometimes all within the same game so could be a complete landslide victory one way or the other or just a complete clusterfuck of nonsense constantly swinging back and forth.

Apparently it’s this but Traore for MGW

Meh... Reckon Merson will be right then.

IF Traore has to start, I'd rather it be against Fulham
On a side note, the Fulham match is live on Sky One too. ( as is all the non 3 pm matches that day)

Jimenez against Van Dijk might be quite an interesting battle, the latter can sometimes appear a little half hearted to me so a real grafter like Jimenez might be able to catch him out a couple of times.

Traore and Lovren could be a weird battle, both capable of looking imperious or completely amateurish, sometimes all within the same game so could be a complete landslide victory one way or the other or just a complete clusterfuck of nonsense constantly swinging back and forth.

I thought this. I think Traore will play down the left because Liverpool are a bit light at the moment too. I imagine Clyne will start there again? And whoever starts on the right of their front three I don’t think will track back as much.

Even so dropping MGW for Traore is lunacy, the only real logic I can see for it is treating this game as a free hit and wanting MGW to be totally fit for Fulham. It's nonsensical otherwise.

Do we have to? Lets give Nuno the benefit of the doubt; we don't even know whether the leaked team is correct.

Even so dropping MGW for Traore is lunacy, the only real logic I can see for it is treating this game as a free hit and wanting MGW to be totally fit for Fulham. It's nonsensical otherwise.

Traore will replace Jota.

Saiss will replace MGW and Moutinho goes into the position MGW has been playing. That makes sense as it gives us a more protection against their front 3 and midfield.

Traore will play out wide but I guess the reason will be if Liverpool sit deep to protect themselves against his pace it creates a bit more room in midfield or if they play high up, which they do generally it creates a shit load of space behind them. That working depends on Traore.

Traore will replace Jota.

Saiss will replace MGW and Moutinho goes into the position MGW has been playing. That makes sense as it gives us a more protection against their front 3 and midfield.

Traore will play out wide but I guess the reason will be if Liverpool sit deep to protect themselves against his pace it creates a bit more room in midfield or if they play high up, which they do generally it creates a shit load of space behind them. That working depends on Traore.

Which on paper is tactically sound. They are unbeaten in the league this season for a reason. It shows enough respect but also a game plan to attack without parking a bus. Fair enough.

I advocated the Moutinho-Neves-Saiss trio on page 3, for what it's worth. I understand the theory behind using Traore's pace but we've tried it before and it hasn't been effective - it would be a mistake to drop MGW when he's been pivotal to our turnaround, IMO.

Anyway, I know we don't want back and forth on Traore taking another thread. I will support Nuno whatever he picks.

I advocated the Moutinho-Neves-Saiss trio on page 3, for what it's worth. I understand the theory behind using Traore's pace but we've tried it before and it hasn't been effective - it would be a mistake to drop MGW when he's been pivotal to our turnaround, IMO.

Anyway, I know we don't want back and forth on Traore taking another thread. I will support Nuno whatever he picks.

Last 2 times we have tried good old Adama, we have plonked him in the centre. That shouldn't happen tonight (if the ITK leaks are correct)

Back