• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

(Man Utd v Liverpool) ...go and look at the 2 line-up's and tell me there's that much difference, if any.

Hell yeah.

I thought this one was better.

“@RAWK_Meltdown: (Man Utd v Liverpool) If you ignore the first half performance and forget their 2 goals, we were arguably the better side.”

If you ignore 1983-1986, the eighties were quite a good decade for Wolves...

I like this one:

@RAWK_Meltdown
(Man Utd 2 Liverpool 1) should of had 2 clear corner kicks, that lost us the game

I think the goal was their first shot on target. After 60 minutes. When they were 2-0 down.

Just bad luck and a conspiracy or two away from the title though.

I didn't see all of the game, but Utd didn't look like they got anywhere near their best yet still managed to win.

Liverpool are miles away from the top 4 at the moment.

Exactly, never got out of second gear, playing their fourth best striker, fourth best winger etc. Even Liverpool's goal owed everything to De Gea still being a chocolate wristed tart.

Exactly, never got out of second gear, playing their fourth best striker, fourth best winger etc. Even Liverpool's goal owed everything to De Gea still being a chocolate wristed tart.

Don't think De Gea was to blame for the goal imo, ball came through Rio's(?) legs, got down quickly to stop it, if anyone was to blame it was Rafael, didn't follow Sturridge, just let him run and finish.

A Liverpool fan lives down the street, and he watched the game with me at the club, and I thought he was very sensible. He realises that Liverpool are not quite a top four side yet, but like him I think they will be in another couple of years.

The current top four are miles ahead of the rest squad wise at the moment.

I don't see the clues to suggest Liverpool will be that at all.

The two Manchester clubs are light years ahead of them. Chelsea are also miles better. Arsenal are better. Spurs are at least level and probably better. Everton are the same.

Liverpool are a top seven side, tops, and each season they miss out on the Champions league the gap grows.

I can't see it. They're light years behind the Manchester clubs, Chelsea aren't going away, Tottenham are getting even better with signing Holtby in the summer. They should concentrate on finishing above Everton because they didn't manage that last season and I doubt they will this year either...

It's a vicious circle, because of the issues they have with the ground, long standing financial issues caused by the previous owners, a squad that's far too expensive for what they actually offer, they are miles off competing with Champions League clubs. The longer they stay out of that competition (this will be four straight years I think) the further behind they fall.

The difference is Gents, that I have nothing against Liverpool, so maybe I look at it slightly differently. They have some very good young players coming through. Rodgers will strengthen them, and despite the controversy surrounding him, Suarez is a great player.

They have one very good youngster coming through in Sterling. They can't rely on him.

Suarez won't stick around for too long, he's miles better than their current level.

I do think if they can strengthen at the back and out wide they could have a decent side. I think Rodgers is going to do a good job, as much as he annoys me and they are playing some nice football.

They really did fuck up giving Dalglish all that money though, it has set them back a couple of years. Granted he bought Suarez but I think most would have.

Suarez is absolute quality. An utter shitpocket, but class. Will he stick around if they keep failing to make the big competition? No he won't.

I really don't see the young players coming through just yet. The fabled Liverpool academy isn't delivering that much at the mo - Spearing and Wisdom are nowhere near good enough. Sterling looks like he is, but they need numbers coming through like that.

I also don't understand the belief that Rodgers will improve them. Everything I see about him suggests he will quietly make them worse and worse, while telling the world how close to perfection they are.

The fans won't keep buying into relentless mediocrity either. They'll deal with it under King Kenny because he could burn down their houses and eat their dogs and they'd still support him, they'll give Brentdan a season maybe. But look at the players they wanted the club to go after this summer - Huntelaar, Holtby, Walcott etc. They're a million miles off attracting players like that. Overpriced Chelsea rejects like Sturridge, yes, but only because no-one else wants him.

Back