• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at today's team which player would Rooney replace? Kane & Vardy - no definitely. Alli is much better behind the forwards in the middle. Sterling possibly, but Rooney is too slow to play out wide and has nothing like sterling's ability to beat a player.

So then you look at changing the formation, but why should we to fit a player in who is not good enough to play in the preferred formation?

And that has been the frustration over the years for England, trying to find spots for the best players. I'm with you there's no space for Rooney in this formation or 4-2-3-1 either.

Would struggle to control the possession as well as we do. Rooney doesn't impact a game enough other than moments to play in the middle. Off of the ball I think we would struggle too as I don't think he has the mobility to press as well and defend. hence why I would play him on the right of a three up top. I seem to be in the minority on this one though!

He had a good game against France from the right. I'll be very annoyed if he displaces Alli from a central role.

I can see that - but can Alli be slightly wider? I think we need to play a narrow 4-3-3 and therefore Alli would still have plenty of influence on the game.

Alli has been one of the players of the season, we shouldn't be shuffling him out to accommodate Rooney.

If Rooney plays he plays left or right of Kane. That's it.

It's all moot as whatever we think he will be shoehorned in somewhere, won't score and we'll go out in the 1/4s 😉

If you look at today's team which player would Rooney replace? Kane & Vardy - no definitely. Alli is much better behind the forwards in the middle. Sterling possibly, but Rooney is too slow to play out wide and has nothing like sterling's ability to beat a player.

So then you look at changing the formation, but why should we to fit a player in who is not good enough to play in the preferred formation?

Sterling has been awful. Vardy has been quiet.

I think Sterling has played well! Vardy has been dangerous if not a bit uncomfortable out on the left.

That Vardy move looks similar, wonder whether this is a dive or not because he's playing for England. Poor pen from Kane.

That should have been a red card.

And missed...

Poor penalty by Kane. For me it was a penalty, but his "dive" that caused all the shit was a penalty too.

Definitely a pen but Vardy was hoping/waiting for that contact the moment he broke away. Crap to not even hit the target though

Definitely a pen but Vardy was hoping/waiting for that contact the moment he broke away. Crap to not even hit the target though

He wasn't, he was hoping to get in on goal but when he realised it would be a tough chance he won the next best thing. It's top class attacking play whatever way you look at it. He's shown in this second half he has to play up top.

That's awful goalkeeping, you know you have the man on the post so let him do his job and the ball is 50 yards away. Alert play from Vardy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back