• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main thing for me is Wilshere getting the (hopefully) full 90 and see how he goes. Absolute Rolls Royce of a player but I want to be confident he is fit enough for France, and I am sure Roy is thinking the same.

Agree there, I love watching Wilshere play.

Hope sterling can get a bit of form too, we have a really good looking attacking midfielder and forward line today.

Dier Alli Wilshere Rooney Vardy Kane is fucking sexual as a potential line-up. England have defensive issues for sure, but that is some serious firepower to take over the Channel.

(plus Sturridge and Sterling as well - embarrassment of riches)

Rose was wank against Holland and the same again today, he can be such a bombscare. Really not comfortable with him playing in an already suspect defence.

Dier Alli Wilshere Rooney Vardy Kane is fucking sexual as a potential line-up. England have defensive issues for sure, but that is some serious firepower to take over the Channel.

(plus Sturridge and Sterling as well - embarrassment of riches)

That's the front six I'd have

Swap Rooney for sterling or lallana and that's mine too.

What's with all this bollocks of kane taking free kicks?

I think you have to. Plenty of choice about whether to go with two banks of three or diamond with Rooney in the hole behind Vardy and Kane. It looks a frontline worthy of challenging in the latter stages of the tournament for me.

Rose was wank against Holland and the same again today, he can be such a bombscare. Really not comfortable with him playing in an already suspect defence.

Are you thinking Walker - Bertrand as the first choice full backs? Definitely thinking Smalling Stones for the centre backs. The team is beginning to pick itself, and that is hugely encouraging.

Turkey not going along with the friendly tag are they

I have been critical of Hodgson while he has been England manager but since the world cup he has really got it right. I am really enjoying watching this team.

I have been critical of Hodgson while he has been England manager but since the world cup he has really got it right. I am really enjoying watching this team.

Best England team in a long while for me. And I love the fact that every time Hodgson gets it right it makes Mick Quinn cry inside on Talkshite.

From what I saw yesterday, and I must admit that is pretty much all I have seen of United recently as I have binned off Sky Sports, Rooney seems to be settling in to a midfield role very well indeed. For me he has to play and you put Alli slightly wide to accommodate him. We aren't going to be packing the pitch with wingers but fuck it, that didn't cause Alf Ramsay too many issues.

Danny Rose playing himself out of the team in this game i think, all over the place defensively. Improved massively but still not good enough at this level it seems.

-------------------------------Hart

--Walker----------Stones----------Smalling-----------Bertrand

--------------------------------Dier

-----------------Wilshere-------------------Alli

---------------------------------Rooney

---------------------Kane----------------Vardy

Not of a fan of the Rooney behind the two forwards idea. Against a decent side we would get ruined IMO. In this group we might get away with it I suppose

Are you thinking Walker - Bertrand as the first choice full backs? Definitely thinking Smalling Stones for the centre backs. The team is beginning to pick itself, and that is hugely encouraging.

Not too bothered about Walker/Clyne. Had bloody years of watching Glen Johnson be a liability on the right, Rose is the same on the left and I can't be dealing with that, it has to be Bertrand.

I would play Smalling and Stones but I suspect Cahill will start instead of the latter.

If you look at today's team which player would Rooney replace? Kane & Vardy - no definitely. Alli is much better behind the forwards in the middle. Sterling possibly, but Rooney is too slow to play out wide and has nothing like sterling's ability to beat a player.

So then you look at changing the formation, but why should we to fit a player in who is not good enough to play in the preferred formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back