• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he's gone regardless. You could tell on Tuesday.

How tall's that Dan Walker, even DeGea looks up to him.

Rooney did well. Sorry if that's against the rules.

Great goal to win a good final

hope my dad enjoys it, whenever he may be.

Rooney did well I agree. Still don't think he's a very good midfielder mind, I do hope Roy doesn't get any ideas.

Palace were always going to lose when pardew did that stupid dance

Rooney did well. Sorry if that's against the rules.

Great goal to win a good final

hope my dad enjoys it, whenever he may be.

For the majority of the match he was Xavi-lite - loads of short, pointless passes. The one time he played to his strengths, he played a big part in the goal. He needs to be true to what he is - a deep-sitting libero, he is not.

Looked well off the pace for most of the game. Great run for the goal which we'll probably be hearing about every day in the run up to the euros.

If only Rooney was Xavi-lite! What an absurd thing to say.

His passing isn't anything like good enough to play there. So many slack balls into Rashford/Martial. He could possibly play *some* kind of role in midfield, not that one.

Rooney is england captain. I expect him to be involved in the euros.

Rooney is england captain. I expect him to be involved in the euros.

Yep - thing is that tomorrow is the first England game I've looked forward to for a while - a chance to see the young guns in action - I would shed no tears if Rooney wasn't in the team for the Euros.

Why? He was ineffective doing what Xavi was very good at - where's the absurdity in that?

Apologies - I thought you were saying what Xavi does/did is pointless. Though I disagree all he did was loads of short passes in that fashion anyway!

Apologies - I thought you were saying what Xavi does/did is pointless. Though I disagree all he did was loads of short passes in that fashion anyway!

We'll have to agree to disagree - no problem with that.

What did you think Rooney did well?

I only saw the second half and extra time but I thought when he was positive enough to drive forwards with the ball he caused Palace a lot of problems. the goal he made was brilliant play/

He passes the ball fairly well but this is where my issue with him in midfield is - he seems to think it is about him playing lots of crossfield balls. Gerrard did the same in a deeper role under Rodgers a lot. While switching the ball can be a useful tool, Rooney just slows it down/ He rarely breaks lines with is passing into like Carrick can.

I think that's fair YW. I didn't think the role suited him at all in that his tempo was out of whack with the rest of the team and he slowed play rather than controlled the speed of hit. Having said that it was a good run and peach of a cross for the first Utd goal.

He still can't tackle and should have been sent off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back