• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is suited to the role, nor do I think Jose will. I'm not sure why people think he should play deeper. I get he's getting on but I think playing him anywhere but in the front line will affect the team.

I don't think he is suited to the role, nor do I think Jose will. I'm not sure why people think he should play deeper. I get he's getting on but I think playing him anywhere but in the front line will affect the team.

I'd agree with that too. I would've thought Hererra or Scniederlien would be much better in that role than Rooney.

You look at a selection of the deep lying midfielders Jose has signed/used in the past:

Costinha
Tiago
Makelele
Essien
Ballack
Motta
Zanetti
Cambiasso
Khedira
Alonso
Matic
Fabregas

Basically big physical destroyers and languid playmakers, not much in between. Makelele would be an exception because of his size but the man was a freak, a one off. Rooney isn't either of those two categories. I mean he might change everything he's done for the last 15 years and play him there, but I doubt it.

I think he may like Schneiderlin. They will certainly spend in that area (again)

I have just watched footage of the disgraceful scenes at the end of the Scottish Cup Final. I have said it before that one day a player will get seriously hurt during a pitch invasion.

Over 20,000 Hereford FC fans have travelled to Wembley for today's FA Vase Final against Morpeth.

And Hereford took an early lead.

England putting out a good team today, quite attacking for Roy too.

Great start from England. Kane makes it 1 nil after 3 mins

Brilliant from Alli but Kane miles offside.

Turkey appear to have nicked Spain's kit from Euro 96.

That was a poor equaliser to give away. Good pass but not sure Hart should have been out to the man.

Daft decision by Hart. Get them out of your system Joseph

Like you say, much better to have a rick today than in the important games next month.

Rose looks weak defensively. Would have liked to see Bertrand there today.

Would definitely have Bertrand and Clyne as full backs personally. Decent enough footballers but better defensively than the Spurs two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back