• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 4/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know City are superb but I’m beginning to get a bad feeling about next season. We frequently struggle to do the basics and keep making the same mistakes. Summer recruitment is going to have to be successful or we’ll be in a relegation battle.

If people honestly think there’s nothing else we could’ve done tonight then they’re deluded
In terms of the result I think City were always going to win. The way we've approached it has been ridiculous though.

If people honestly think there’s nothing else we could’ve done tonight then they’re deluded
Stating the obvious really.

But we could have set up better AND City have been superb.

When they get a gift of a penalty after 10 mins, its certainly a lot easier than it could have been regardless.

I'm willing to see if he can make us better with actual defenders not Max fucking Kilman, but I'm not certain it is just down to the players not being good enough.

In terms of the result I think City were always going to win. The way we've approached it has been ridiculous though.

Yep make them at least work for it we’ve just rolled over some really poor tactics and attitudes this evening

I’m really starting to believe that if we’re smart we’ll sack GO. Thank you for the good work this season, but it all feels built on a foundation of chopsticks.
Relying on goals on the break and last ditch defending is not sustainable.

Stating the obvious really.

But we could have set up better AND City have been superb.

When they get a gift of a penalty after 10 mins, its certainly a lot easier than it could have been regardless.
Compare it to the City 3-0 win in our first season in the Prem. They got a gift early on with the Boly red card but we still gave it a go.

What Bournemouth did then. I wouldn't, but equally I've never been particularly convinced
I hate even suggesting it. I don’t generally think a year is long enough.

Just highlights the regression, just a complete surrender of a performance with players not at the level of 5 years ago.

Three months of good form entirely predicated on the individual success of ball carriers is not a strategy.
I think the discussion post season needs to be did the players carry us or did GON enable that? Neto, Hwang, RAN, Cunha, Semedo all significantly better than last season, is that organic growth or coaching? If it's the former then sack him in a fortnight, if the latter then keep him and get a defensive minded coach in to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back