• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Like we were last season?

How can you pick a player as full back and can't defend. Unbelievable.

Suspect Gladon, John & Tex will probably be gone in January. Big question marks over whether Lambert sees Prince as a useful member of his squad - but as we own him outright, I suspect he'll be harder to shift than the others.

We already know CBJ will be gone in January, so I think we all need to prepare ourselves for a Matt Doherty weekly masterclass until a proper left back is signed. Fully expect that position to be high on Lambert's priority list.

Stearman has the "Championship experience" everyone apparantely craves, but he's $#@!e. So will we send him back to Fulham in January and sign a proper improvement at the back?, or keep hold of him because of his "experience"? (even though we all know he's not good enough).

If Cav, Saiss or Costa are allowed to leave in January, I'll be fuming. I'll be equally fuming if come January, the three of them aren't first team regulars.

I think you'll have to be prepared to be fuming in Jan and Feb as the players Kevin 'stealing a living' Thelwell did not sign will all be gone. Paul Lambert is a fucking joke of an appointment and this 'championship experience' has manifested itself in us buying or loaning, Richard Stearman, Yannick Sagbo, Danny Graham and Conor Coady over the last few seasons.

Our best players over the last few seasons have had almost zero championship experience, Bakary Sako, Nouha Dicko, Benik Afobe, Roman Saiss and Helder Costa. I know which group of players I would rather have.

We are destined for relegation with this management team in charge. I can't understand why Fosun can't see this as they will have put a management structure in place and will expect it to work, but they have left the head of a failed management structure in place. It's madness from a global firm.

Sorry but I don't equate picking Doherty to inevitable relegation. It's a simplistic view.

Possibly. But he is regularly costing us goals and therefore points so it's hardly a leap of faith.

Just hypothetically, if results and performances don't improve in the next three or four weeks will Lambert be given free reign to tell Thelwell who to discard etc. ??

Doherty should watch videos of Derek Parkin then he may learn how to defend.

Just hypothetically, if results and performances don't improve in the next three or four weeks will Lambert be given free reign to tell Thelwell who to discard etc. ??

If they don't improve I am hoping that neither of those two are here to make any calls at all.

Don't think it matters if no one wants to buy them.

Doherty should watch videos of Derek Parkin then he may learn how to defend.

How dare you put those two names in the same sentence....!!

Squeak was a fantastic defender, there is in my opinion not the slightest chance that Doherty will ever be anywhere near as good.

How dare you put those two names in the same sentence....!!

Squeak was a fantastic defender, there is in my opinion not the slightest chance that Doherty will ever be anywhere near as good.
TBH I'd much rather play Parkin at full back instead of Doherty on Thursday night.

The whole defence is costing us goals.
Yeah, Doherty is just one weak link in a very very weak back line.

I don't think it'd make a vast amount of difference unless we're able to change all 4 of them.

2 centre halves as soon into January as possible is a must.

Back