• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

James Henry has Championship experience, there's a quick hit. Ooh, EEL as well. Two down...

The concern is Lambert sends Stearman back then spunks a large wedge on someone like Grant Hanley.

I hope Fosun bin them both off before Jan

Who would be on the next managerial list of possibilities, with both Alex Neil and Alan Pardew looking insecure would you take a gamble on either of those two.

All the players you have named came to get the club promoted not stay up. What we are offering at least in the short term is a much less attractive proposition. John Terry now would be of a similar standing to Ince, Irwin then. Let's say in January he decides he wants a 6 month hurrah before retiring, would he choose us or say Brighton?

Championship experience is something of a red herring anyway. Coady, Edwards, Batth, Stearman, Henry etc etc all have plenty of it, it doesn't make them any bloody good. I hope I'm proven wrong, but those such as Harry Maguire, James Collins, David Nugent, Jordan Rhodes etc who although not the greatest could be available and are better than what we have will have better offers from higher up the league and we'll end up with someone with plenty of Championship experience like Neil Danns.
Sadly I agree our position doesnt sound anywhere near as attractive however our wage structure should be less of an issue.

I am still hoping it's all a bit of a smokescreen and maybe just a way to give the squad a kick up The ass and we will see a few changes tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Aye, our position in the table is not gonna attract any good players..

Who would be on the next managerial list of possibilities, with both Alex Neil and Alan Pardew looking insecure would you take a gamble on either of those two.

I wouldn't take Pardew as I can't abide the man. Alex Neil I would take but he is combustible.

The manager is not the important appointment it is the DoF, I would go for Paul Mitchell (the ex-soton DoF not the hair products man) and let him appoint the next manager. If that needs to be a Mark Warburton or Alex Neil then great, if it needs to be somebody we've never heard of then great. I would also hope we get a new coaching staff and sack off Mountain, Edwards and Daley.

I would also hope we get a new coaching staff and sack off Mountain, Edwards and Daley.

We really should do this. Nothing against Rob or Daley (always had my doubts regarding Mountain though) but we need all aspects of the club before Fosun removed and replaced. The longer we struggle the more I think Fosun will take these steps. It might be a case of just stay in the Division and then the second the season finishes a lot of changes will happen.

It might be a case of just stay in the Division and then the second the season finishes a lot of changes will happen.

So long as this isn't Wolves being put up for sale...

I don't think it will.

The first year was always going to be a learning curve for them. Probably wasn't expecting it to be such a lesson though but as long as next season is showing promise, I wouldn't worry about any for sale signs going up.

Don't think it's going to happen,as the poster said above,this is all new to them,they must have been looking for clubs to buy for a while,hence the buying a stake in mendes' company.hes the best agent around,so get him on board to advise,because fosun as a company didn't now football.
I also think maybe they've tried to run wolves like the other companies they own,but football doesn't work like other companies,so again the usual ways of business don't necessarily work,they've been here for six months in a strange and new business world,so it's been a huge learning curve,and mistakes will and have been made.
Hopefully they will learn from this,and have been looking at the backroom staff,seeing who's good or not,and could for all we know be putting plans in place to get new better quality people in.

If Alex Mowatt is out of favour I'd want him!!

You both know we have Kevin Thelwell looking for players don't you?

Also see: forrun and no Championship experience

Links to Lescott appearing again now that his contract has been cancelled (after 4 games!) his legs have completely gone so I hope its nothing more than lazy journalism.

Links to Lescott appearing again now that his contract has been cancelled (after 4 games!) his legs have completely gone so I hope its nothing more than lazy journalism.

I've heard this could well happen. I'm not convinced but people I talk to say its in the pipeline. Watch this space I guess.

I would much rather remember Joleon as the rolls-royce he was than see him back here as the shell of that player he is now.

Hopefully this can be filed away with "return of Robbie Keane" rumours.

I'm conflicted because a) we need a centre half, badly, b) we need a bit of leadership at the back, and he's done that at the highest level not even that long ago, c) it's only a couple of years since he was excelling for Albion in the Premier League and d) it's Joleon fucking Lescott.

But he was incredibly poor for Villa, his attitude seemed very off as well as not producing the goods on the park and his fitness would be a huge concern - he failed a medical at Rangers (don't believe the "family reasons" rubbish) and he had two separate knee injuries at AEK before they patched him.

On balance I'd say no, a shame because I always hoped to see him back one day but I feel that time has passed.

I've heard this could well happen. I'm not convinced but people I talk to say its in the pipeline. Watch this space I guess.
Wow not lazy journalism then. I just hope if he does return he can still offer something. On the bright side he has experience.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back