• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Weren't there a few games that season that ended up with the wonderful left hand side pairing of Clapham and Gray? Packed full of youthful vigour and energy.

Nah, don't think so, Gray signed the season after and Clapham was way out of the picture by then, he hardly played after Christmas 2006. Jackie Mac was the regular LB once he got fit again around that time.

I won't have a word said against Micky Gray anyway. He did a cracking job for us as a freebie.

Cort was gone by then, he scored two goals for us between October 2005 and when his contract ran out in the summer of 2007, and only scored one goal in the two years after that at Leicester/Norwich (at Molineux for the latter, from 25+ yards!). This was 2006 Craddock so he was terrible then. Bothroyd was a lot better than our fans gave him credit for (although he did have his share of can't be arsed displays), in this game though he was about as fit as Jamie O'Hara. They are possibly the worst pair of starting "wingers" we've sent out in the last 25 years.

Other than that though ;)

Turned your nose up at my Ricketts bait!

Kenny is your man to go to if you want bites about Rohan :icon_lol:

I didn't like the little shit, but Big K properly hates him.

Two words about Ricketts: Mark Little.

Michael Gray was excellent for us.

Apparently Saville is our 2016 leading scorer with 6 goals!

One of the very few centre halves that are actually worse on the ball than Danny.

If you sought to combine the worst elements of Neill Collins' calamitous tendency for every mistake to end in a goal, Sol Bamba's needless and often costly trait of dicking around at inappropriate times in inappropriate areas, Paul Blades' general ability on the ball and Darren Ward's pace on the turn, you'd have Efe Ambrose.

If you sought to combine the worst elements of Neill Collins' calamitous tendency for every mistake to end in a goal, Sol Bamba's needless and often costly trait of dicking around at inappropriate times in inappropriate areas, Paul Blades' general ability on the ball and Darren Ward's pace on the turn, you'd have Efe Ambrose.

High praise indeed :icon_smile:

Hennessey – Injured
Ikeme – Available
de Vries - Made himself pretty much unavailable.
Ward - Available
Elokobi – Injured
Johnson - Available
Berra - Available
Stearman – Available
Margreitter - Injured
Batth - Available, but inexperienced at this level.
Mouyokoko – Injured
Craddock - Injured
Foley – Available
Zubar – Available

Midfield:

Sako - Available
Hunt - Injured
Henry - Suspended
Doumbia – Available
O'Hara - Injured
Edwards – Available
Davis - Available, but inexperienced at this level.
Jonsson - On loan
Peszko – Injured
Boukari - Injured
Pennant – Available
Forde - Available, but inexperienced at this level.
Hammill - On loan

Attack:

Doyle - Available
Sigurdarson – Available, but inexperienced in this league.
SEB – Available
Nouble – Available

Others:

Doherty - On loan
Reckord - On loan
Cassidy - On loan
McCarey - On loan
Ismail - On loan
Gorman - On loan
Griffiths - On loan

~~~ November 25th 2012 that was. We were 17th with 22 points. And we got relegated. Did we do much in the Jan window that year?

Got rid of Stearman, Pennant, Nouble, Mouyokolo and Zubar, brought in Jack Robinson, Kaspars Gorkss, Nouha Dicko (as a winger) and Marian Kello (plus recalled Doherty and Cassidy). Some of the very best January business there.

The Dunce tried to sign Marlon King as well, thanks for that.

We aren't as bad this year as we were then.

Deano said we had everything he needed and he didn't want to sign anyone. I also have it directly from Mr J Moxey at the time that we offered several players that January to Deano that we would have gone for and were confident of delivering. Deano said no, he wanted to go with the current squad.

He then changed that after being binned as a useless relegating cunthole to "they wouldn't let me spend anything".

There is a reason we went down in 2012. It was Saunders. Frankly a stuffed dead parrot on the sideline should have got us to about 19th.

Gorkss was on £25k a week as well (and we'd committed to signing him permanently on that wage if we'd stayed up), so unless the halfwit was paying him out of his own pocket...

I'm not doubting what an idiot Saunders was but Moxey isn't exactly a beacon of truth. So I'd put that down as bullshit on both of their parts.

A stuffed dead parrot would have been more fun - at least we could have shut our eyes & visualised the Monty Python sketch

I'm not doubting what an idiot Saunders was but Moxey isn't exactly a beacon of truth. So I'd put that down as bullshit on both of their parts.

As he said it on public record at the Parliament I wouldn't.

Seriously bloody hope were better than then ha. Just found it interesting that we were in about the same spot back then. Interesting about Jez n Saunders

Back