• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City 2 - 3 Wolves: Something about getting too excited...

He is not alone.

You've already eaten your humble pie Frank - its time to get excited and hopeful for the future!

giphy.gif

Watched the highlights back the reason I was confused about the penalty was that when it was live I thought it was Doc that gave it away, I was watching him like a hawk only to realise it was Coady. He cant raise his hands to push like that even if virtually no contact as it gives the ref a decision to make.

Watching it back is lovely and I realised just how well Cav did to win the ball and play it through to Dicko, some selection headaches coming up fast!!

How would he know we're the best team though? He's only played Burton and Villa.

Abel is out for 8 months after that fall yesterday

A genuinely good tweet from Tim II:

qV1aFPr.png

Think his Fosun reservations may have vanished...

So why do other clubs supporters in the championship perceive us as trying to buy the league? I presume it is because we spent £15m on one brilliant player.

Just watched the highlights on WolvesTV and I think we were unlucky with both goals last night. For the first one, a combination of events led to the goal, any of which might not have happened and therefore no goal scored: 1) the cross was deflected, 2) the Hull player throwing himself in front of Ruddy totally distracted him, 3) Douglas (who is making a habit of goal-line clearances) got back onto the line to keep the ball out with his head, but as he was falling backwards at the time, could do no more than head it down into the ground, from where it bounced up nicely for Dawson to head home. So, an unfortunate combinations of events meant we conceded our first goal this season. For the penalty, yes, Coady had hands on the guy, but the ball was way over his head and he went down like the proverbial sack of spuds from the slightest of touches; I would imagine there are as many refs who wouldn't give that as would. So, yes, we conceded our first two goals of the season, but unluckily so, in my opinion.

Hull realised that they had to lump balls into the box to have any chance of scoring, because if it was just down to playing football on the deck, they couldn't compete. I am SO impressed with the way we are passing and moving this season; even under pressure we seem to be able to come away and clear the danger at the back without having to resort to hoofing the ball forward.

I am SO enjoying watching Wolves play this season!

So why do other clubs supporters in the championship perceive us as trying to buy the league? I presume it is because we spent £15m on one brilliant player.

If you add in Costa and Cav we're not far off Boro. I'd imagine our loan fees were quite high too.

https://twitter.com/TheHaIfSpace/status/897797503449542656

Video of Neves' touches from last night. He's unbelievable.

What is noticeable is the way he takes the ball when facing his own goal - clearly knows if anyone is around him & often takes it on the half turn so is immediately ready to make a forward pass/run

Also knows what he is going to do before the ball arrives so everything moves on quickly - which confounds the other team

What is noticeable is the way he takes the ball when facing his own goal - clearly knows if anyone is around him & often takes it on the half turn so is immediately ready to make a forward pass/run

Also knows what he is going to do before the ball arrives so everything moves on quickly - which confounds the other team

It ain't rocket science, yet so many players don't/can't/won't do these things ... I've seen plenty of Prem midfielders receive a ball without checking first who's behind them.

You can see him picking the pass out before he receives the ball on a lot of occasions.

Think Douglas is the more obvious to blame personally, needs to try and head the ball away from danger rather than just nut it into the ground.
He did try to head away. The deflection meant that he couldn't adjust and resulted in the downward direction.

Back