• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City 2 - 3 Wolves: Something about getting too excited...

I noticed on football on five that all of the traditionally well supported teams were kept until the final part of the show. I'm sure there are plenty of people who switch off once they've seen their team, especially considering what a pretty piss poor show it is.
This was my suspicion. Can't say for UK sport on TV but this is pretty standard practice for NFL coverage here.

I noticed on football on five that all of the traditionally well supported teams were kept until the final part of the show. I'm sure there are plenty of people who switch off once they've seen their team, especially considering what a pretty piss poor show it is.

Good point, I think you may well be right.

You talk about international recognition, Cyber. I know this is bloody ridiculous but if you think about the Champo team of the season for 17/18 you could easily see Wolves having 5 or 6 players in it. Ruddy, Boly, Douglas, Costa, Jota, Neves, Saiss - are there going to be better players in the division in those positions?

If we are promoted then its really likely. I can't get that far ahead yet! Let's just hope

Yeah but Sky are pushing that a bit - Wolves not being shown live until at least October - waiting for a cold wet Friday night may be! Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday seem to be on frequently!

Can't say it particularly bothers me what the media perception of us is. Fwiw sky asked Iain Dowie about us before we played Yeovil and he was full of praise for how we played against Middlesbrough. They did the same with McInally before the hull game and he was glowing about our performance at derby. So basically people who have actually watched us will be positive.

me neither. i'd rather we'd avoided much coverage for as long as possible. I know unlikely given what we've spent and impossible once ruben had stroked that pass into the back of the hull net.

Back