• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno going with what we did at Sheff Utd i would imagine. When we have the ball Semedo will push on and Kilman will slot in like a left back and we'll have a back four of Boly, Coady, Saiss and Kilman. Sit Neves in front and we should have plenty of protection for the others to go forward and get bodies in the box.

Well tbh it's not like Marcal offered much attacking threat against Sheff Utd so I don't think we're losing much there. And we know he's comfortable on the ball. Will be interesting watching, for sure - extra height at corners if nothing else :hmmm:

So if Hoever isn't ready for WB he's probably some way off contention for CB

Not sure, Nuno usually likes one defensive and one offensive WB. Plus our left has been poor defensively, so makes a little sense.

So if Hoever isn't ready for WB he's probably some way off contention for CB

I think given they've only just joined and have hardly played any first team football in England, we're a bit reticent to shove either Semedo or Hoever out of position at this stage.

None of the solutions were ideal but as Marçal shouldn't miss any more games (he wasn't a mile off this one and we don't play for 15 days after this) and Ait-Nouri is 99% likely to be here then it won't happen again. Unless he's brilliant of course!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Semedo and Pod - think that could be a very effective combination.

But has Kilman ever played LWB?

Nuno going with what we did at Sheff Utd i would imagine. When we have the ball Semedo will push on and Kilman will slot in like a left back and we'll have a back four of Boly, Coady, Saiss and Kilman. Sit Neves in front and we should have plenty of protection for the others to go forward and get bodies in the box.

Yep think it’s this.

Will be interesting to see what he does once RAN is in the team

I'm really looking forward to seeing Semedo and Pod - think that could be a very effective combination.

But has Kilman ever played LWB?

Didn’t he play there in one of the Euro games?

Still think it's a bit clunky, I guess it's safer to do it against Fulham than anyone else though. Not sure why we wouldn't just go with Hoever and Semedo though

Not sure, Nuno usually likes one defensive and one offensive WB. Plus our left has been poor defensively, so makes a little sense.

I'm sure he's played Adama and Vinagre together a few times

He played the last twenty or so away at Espanyol. Actually made the Doherty goal with a quick throw!

Not sure when else he may have played there though

Yep think it’s this.

Will be interesting to see what he does once RAN is in the team

This will be interesting i agree and it could make or break the season. Play RAN and Semedo i think we get caught on the counter like last week unless we have 2 sitting midfielders and one of them has to be Donk. We do have to find a way of getting more players in the box but not being more open which will be difficult.

I think given they've only just joined and have hardly played any first team football in England, we're a bit reticent to shove either Semedo or Hoever out of position at this stage.

But not reticent to put a fringe player out of position?

Semedo is an international and former Barcelona player who has played on the left before. If Nuno put him there I'd expect him to make a go of it, just like you expect Adama to when he's RWB?

I know everyone will contort themselves to make sure it seems like part of a masterplan, but to me it's an odd one.

Hopefully we have a Sheff Utd esque start to the game and it makes no odds

We really ought to score a few goals here. Leeds put 4 past them and Villa 3

It’s a disappointing starting 11, but I don’t suppose there was much else Nuno could do. Shows again that, as a squad, we are still short of 2-3 players - despite people falling over themselves to say how great the window has been.

Individually, certain deals have been good - but on paper, that starting 11 is weaker than the one that ended last season.

Thankfully Fulham are atrocious so hopefully we’ll still have enough to win comfortably today.

Good luck to Max. Delighted to see Podence & Donk back in the 11.

Still think it's a bit clunky, I guess it's safer to do it against Fulham than anyone else though. Not sure why we wouldn't just go with Hoever and Semedo though

Have to disagree with you there, while Kilman isn't a lwb, it is his natural side and I think he will play a similar role to Marcal, who played as a standard LB, never got over the half way line. Less clunky than shoe horning Semedo in at lwb imo. Tbh its the team I would have selected (although I hadn't considered Kilman)

But not reticent to put a fringe player out of position?

Semedo is an international and former Barcelona player who has played on the left before. If Nuno put him there I'd expect him to make a go of it, just like you expect Adam to when he's RWB?

I know everyone will contort to make sure it seems like part of a masterplan, but to me it's an odd one.

Hopefully we have a Sheff Utd esque start to the game and it makes no odds

Not sure everyone will say it's a masterplan, it's just a case of trying to understand what Nuno is thinking and tactics he's going with. It's something i look at quite a lot and i have been very critical of his tactics last week. It definitely looks like he wants to get Saiss and Boly closer to Coady which is understandable after seeing what Mitrovic has done in the past to Conor and have a narrow back four when we have possession. It's going to be interesting to see if it works and if it doesn't what he does to change it. I think he will do what you want and go Semedo left and Hoever right if it doesn't click.

It’s a disappointing starting 11, but I don’t suppose there was much else Nuno could do. Shows again that, as a squad, we are still short of 2-3 players - despite people falling over themselves to say how great the window has been.

Individually, certain deals have been good - but on paper, that starting 11 is weaker than the one that ended last season.

Thankfully Fulham are atrocious so hopefully we’ll still have enough to win comfortably today.

Good luck to Max. Delighted to see Podence & Donk back in the 11.

Thats interesting, not disappointing at all for me, probably the team I would have gone with even if everyone was fit

We're a shade under evens for this game now. That's actually insulting given how shit flum are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back