• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal and Chelsea being referred to as shit somewhat weakens the point as well.

I think he put a * to show the shit teams so Arsenal and Chelsea just = we were shit.

Hadn’t Watford won every game or were unbeaten when they rocked up at Molineux?

Edit: no but they went above us into 7th in the table and contested it with us for the rest of season.

Was it the week before that Bournmouth turned them over and they looked like we did v West Ham. So the expectation was we would also make them look shit.

I think he put a * to show the shit teams so Arsenal and Chelsea just = we were shit.

Someone reads the post properly

Of course Arsenal and Chelsea were not shit but we sure were and as it was an answer to Nuno buggering his tactics I thought it a fair point but the usual happens

Hadn’t Watford won every game or were unbeaten when they rocked up at Molineux?

Edit: no but they went above us into 7th in the table and contested it with us for the rest of season.

Nope no win in four before coming here and dicked 4 0 at home by Bournemouth before winning at our place, just for clarity.

So six games plus a couple against Brighton that he’s got the tactics wrong. In over 110 games. Drama.

So six games plus a couple against Brighton that he’s got the tactics wrong. In over 110 games. Drama.

Actually there are plenty of games when we have had to change tactics particularly at home when a goal down or when we have changed to see our a game and failed see Burnley three times Sheffield United twice Watford away last year, Southampton at home Bournemouth at home 2018 Everton away last year to chase a game, so it’s more than just the initial list. Nuno is great but he gets it wrong at times. I expect him to get it right tomorrow

Hoping Marcal is fit, but if not will he play Vinagre?

Hoping Marcal is fit, but if not will he play Vinagre?

Presume he will be in Greece to sign his deal with the deadline on Monday. Might go Semedo for 1 game at LWB if Marcal is not 100%

Actually there are plenty of games when we have had to change tactics particularly at home when a goal down or when we have changed to see our a game and failed see Burnley three times Sheffield United twice Watford away last year, Southampton at home Bournemouth at home 2018 Everton away last year to chase a game, so it’s more than just the initial list. Nuno is great but he gets it wrong at times. I expect him to get it right tomorrow

Equally you could argue that being willing to adjust to an opponent is a tactical strength, too.

Other teams aren't simply going to roll over because we got our tactics "right".

This has not been a good sporting week for me. Please Wolves give me some cheer tomorrow

And me, as usual i will be a bag of nerves, been following wolves for nearly 53 years, so you can see where im coming from.

Equally you could argue that being willing to adjust to an opponent is a tactical strength, too.

Other teams aren't simply going to roll over because we got our tactics "right".

Yes fair point but each of my examples are probably negative where we change because we are losing or change to preserve a lead and yet concede

Yes fair point but each of my examples are probably negative where we change because we are losing or change to preserve a lead and yet concede

Well you don't change tactics that are working!

Changing to protect a lead is pretty natural. Ideally you wouldn't concede but if your opponent is piling numbers forward like Barcelona you can't rightfully maintain your "normal" shape and expect it to go well. Sometimes you'll concede in those situations, it happens to better teams than us and it always will.

Well, yeah. It's not rock, paper, scissors. The other team can adjust just as much as we can.

If we get turned over by these today, or if we fail to win the game, we're in for a long season. They are utter dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back