• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not going to sign a LWB for one game, are you?

Or turn down Vinagre's move just so he can play this match.

We are one day from the transfer window closing and we are starting with Romain Saiss at LWB.

I admit there’s a bit of bad luck involved here, but it’s hardly ideal.

Circumstances though. As I say no different to losing first choice and back up in any position. The 3rd option is never going to be ideal and that's is the same for nearly every team.

Not sure what else Wolves could have done, we have bought 2 LWBs.

Well, technically we've bought one utility player. Ait-nouri hasn't signed yet.

The obvious other option is to play the ex Barcelona WB on a different side and give a debut to Hoever.

He chose not to, he has his reasons, people thought it was fine when it looked like Kilman, it's now fine that it's Saiss, it would probably still be fine even if it was Ruddy.

Let's just see what happens

Circumstances though. As I say no different to losing first choice and back up in any position. The 3rd option is never going to be ideal and that's is the same for nearly every team.

No one on here would have put Saiss down as a 3rd option for wing back

This transfer window is a symptom of a once-in-a-century global pandemic. No one (NO ONE) has said that this is ideal ffs.

I would've played Semedo or Hoever at LWB as it happens, but let's see how it goes.

Any chance Sky will start talking about our game any time soon?

Well, technically we've bought one utility player. Ait-nouri hasn't signed yet.

The obvious other option is to play the ex Barcelona WB on a different side and give a debut to Hoever.

He chose not to, he has his reasons, people thought it was fine when it looked like Kilman, it's now fine that it's Saiss, it would probably still be fine even if it was Ruddy.

Let's just see what happens

Never met you, but you strike me as someone who'd smile if we lost as you'd proved your point ?

That is true...so backs up the 3rd choice is never ideal part.

It'll be alright when we have Jonny, Ait-Nouri and Marçal all at the club and available at the same time.

Still though, should have a proper fourth choice à la Matt Hill in 2009/10, u neva no hun x

No one on here would have put Saiss down as a 3rd option for wing back
I thought he would've done a good job there for a while, similar game to Jonny IMO. However I'd have then gone with Donck in RCB, Boly LCB, and Moutinho back in CM

Never met you, but you strike me as someone who'd smile if we lost as you'd proved your point ?

Why get personal? That's pretty offensive actually.

A couple of people just think it was an unusual selection choice. And we've all said 'let's wait and see what happens'

People need to stop desperately trying to do PR for the club

A couple of people just think it was an unusual selection choice. And we've all said 'let's wait and see what happens'

I'm not getting personal, that is how your posts come across, I just wondered if you're aware?

Careful, that will end up as someone’s signature.

Why get personal?

I think everyone thinks its unusual but there is at least reasoning behind it. If Saiss was at LWB and we had Marcal/Vinagre/New boy on the bench it would be baffling but we can't do that.

I presumed Semedo would be there but that was based on zero knowledge if he can play there and then of course I have zero knowledge of how Nuno wants to play it today.

I'm not getting personal, that is how your posts come across, I just wondered if you're aware?

Well it is personal, as I've just been talking about team selection and you wade straight in with assessments of what I'm like as a person and even implicitly question my desire to see my team do well.

All because some of you are terrified of a divergence of opinions, even when those opinions are presented in detail. Think I'll give the matchday thread a miss today, knock yourselves out

Snowflake.

Cav is going to play like Pele today. It’s written in the stars.

A nice early goal for us would go down a treat.

Donk showing why he should never have been dropped after Sheffield Utd within 4 minutes. Gets in to the box and heads a dangerous ball back across goal. Didn’t come to anything but at least he was IN THE BOX.

Then Fulham cut us open down Boly/Semedo’s side.

So far Fulham don’t look shit

As far as Premier League sides go, they’re shit. We are allowing them to have the ball and get at us - which is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.

Very early days, though.

We haven't started yet, Fulham playing some nice stuff. First goal is crucial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back