• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie Oatley on Twitter saying she doesn't think Kilman will line up at LWB. "I’d be surprised if Kilman did play as left wing back, maybe Saiss will shift over as left-footed but we’ll soon find out."

Jackie Oatley on Twitter saying she doesn't think Kilman will line up at LWB. "I’d be surprised if Kilman did play as left wing back, maybe Saiss will shift over as left-footed but we’ll soon find out."

That would surprise me

We're a shade under evens for this game now. That's actually insulting given how shit flum are

Yep, I backed Wolves at 1.81 thinking that was decent value - Infogol had as good value at 1.55 - and we're 1.86 now

Not sure everyone will say it's a masterplan, it's just a case of trying to understand what Nuno is thinking and tactics he's going with. It's something i look at quite a lot and i have been very critical of his tactics last week. It definitely looks like he wants to get Saiss and Boly closer to Coady which is understandable after seeing what Mitrovic has done in the past to Conor and have a narrow back four when we have possession. It's going to be interesting to see if it works and if it doesn't what he does to change it. I think he will do what you want and go Semedo left and Hoever right if it doesn't click.

Nothing wrong with trying to understand Nuno's thinking, of course not.

But I'm not sure we should be over-thinking and tinkering too much when we're at home against such an out-of-their-depth team as Fulham, especially when they're on the back of several demoralising defeats

Wolves app has it as -

Rui
Semedo-Boly-Coady-Kilman-Neto
Donk-Neves-Saiss
Raul-Podence

Which is interesting.

Back line is an interesting choice - will have to see how it lines up

Good that Padence is back in though - Adama late on if we need him

But I'm not sure we should be over-thinking and tinkering too much when we're at home against such an out-of-their-depth team as Fulham, especially when they're on the back of several demoralising defeats

With the result last week though i think Nuno had to do something and he's just moved back to what we did at Sheff Utd. Marcal isn't available so Kilman will do that role. We will have the ball more than usual again today and we need to look solid when Fulham counter. We'll see how it goes.

But I'm not sure we should be over-thinking and tinkering too much when we're at home against such an out-of-their-depth team as Fulham, especially when their on the back of several demoralising defeats

But surely thats the least tinkering Nuno could have done given we have no lwb available, everyone playing in their natural position apart from Kilman who at least a natural defender and on his comfortable side....will be interesting to see how it pans out

Looking forward to seeing Podence back in the team, hopefully more assists today

But surely thats the least tinkering Nuno could have done given we have no lwb available, everyone playing in their natural position apart from Kilman who at least a natural defender and on his comfortable side....will be interesting to see how it pans out

I don't think an experienced and expensive wing back with the pedigree Semedo has changing sides is much of a tinker at all.

The forwards change sides, Boly has, it's still the same basic position. Putting Kilman there is just like putting Burr on the right. He's just a body really (I have nothing against Kilman getting the odd chance at CB).

Like you say, we'll see. Hopefully the back three remain firm and the forward talent we have blows them away

And Sky Sports now saying Saiss is starting at LWB so who knows?

Wolves app has it as -

Rui
Semedo-Boly-Coady-Kilman-Neto
Donk-Neves-Saiss
Raul-Podence

Which is interesting.

This makes a bit more sense to me, with Saiss in midfield to cover Neto's runs

Edit. Nevermind Saiss is LWB

It’s a disappointing starting 11, but I don’t suppose there was much else Nuno could do. Shows again that, as a squad, we are still short of 2-3 players - despite people falling over themselves to say how great the window has been.

Yesterday it was 1-2 short...

Its 1 position that is not normal todayp but that is simply down to 1 player being injured and the back up currently being swapped in a transfer deal.
No different if both LWB options were crocked. How deep do you want the squad to go and who do you add that is happy to be 3rd choice in a position?

Yesterday it was 1-2 short...

Its 1 position that is not normal todayp but that is simply down to 1 player being injured and the back up currently being swapped in a transfer deal.
No different if both LWB options were crocked. How deep do you want the squad to go and who do you add that is happy to be 3rd choice in a position?

We are one day from the transfer window closing and we are starting with Romain Saiss at LWB.

I admit there’s a bit of bad luck involved here, but it’s hardly ideal.

Like I say, the good luck is that we are playing the worst team by some considerable margin in the league, so hopefully it won’t make a difference to the end result.

Not sure what else Wolves could have done, we have bought 2 LWBs.

Is Saiss LWB much different to Marcal?

I guess that’s the idea.

I don’t see how the team is disappointing? It’s a stop gap with marcal out and Vinagre in Greece while ait Nouri does his medical. 2-3 signings off is bizarre :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back