• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

Troy Deeney being classy as usual.

Such a bizarre comment for him to come out with too. Totally unnecessary. Just showing himself to be a grade a c*nt

I’ll have more rounded thoughts later, but...

Fuck him. Can’t wait for City to wipe the smirk off his face, and I hope he breaks his leg in the process. Scumbag.

Such a bizarre comment for him to come out with too. Totally unnecessary. Just showing himself to be a grade a c*nt
Think it's even weirder that after his team turned around a game like that an interviewer felt the need to ask him a question about an opponents goal celebration.

I absolutely can't understand people saying the first goal is savable. It's a ridiculous goal.

Equally, although Ruddy possibly COULD have done better on the third, he really should never have needed to save anything but we defended that break so poorly.
The person who should have done better was Donck, he shouldn't of shown him inside. Still a worldy though.

Ruddy should definitely have saved the 3rd.

Think it's even weirder that after his team turned around a game like that an interviewer felt the need to ask him a question about an opponents goal celebration.

Troy Deeney acting a cunt shocker.

He is right though isn't he? I loved the goal celebration but it means nothing now. If someone had done similar against us and we then turned around a two goal deficit are you telling me we wouldn't take the piss?

They didn't cheat their way there, they played with so much heart and begrudging as it may be, they earnt that win. 4 hours later the hurt is still here are will be for a while but reality is that Wolves are a club on the up and are capable of getting even more depth of quality here.

Delefeu is an obnoxious little bastard but he turned a game on its head. Deeney is a knob but he is a tough one who never gives up. Let them have their moment. They deserve it. Ours will come and it will be even sweeter.

Troy Deeney acting a cunt shocker.

He is right though isn't he? I loved the goal celebration but it means nothing now. If someone had done similar against us and we then turned around a two goal deficit are you telling me we wouldn't take the piss?

We would, because we’re fans and not professionals. I’d be shocked if any of our players said anything close to that, because they aren’t Deeney-style braindead thugs.

I absolutely can't understand people saying the first goal is savable. It's a ridiculous goal.

Equally, although Ruddy possibly COULD have done better on the third, he really should never have needed to save anything but we defended that break so poorly.

He should never have had the time and space to even get the shot away. Donk was a total fanny there.

We handed the game to them on a plate from 70 minutes on. We invited pressure, couldn't keep the ball and made the wrong substitutions. Live and learn. And one lesson to learn is that we need 4-5 better players than what we have on the bench now. Still, we had a great day overall, the joy at Raul's goal was worth the trip alone, even if what came after was a massive let down. I am gutted, but feeling philosophical. Let the fans of that shit stain on the arsehole of London team enjoy their moment. We'll smile ruefully when we're playing in the Champions League and they're back where they belong, League One...

He should never have had the time and space to even get the shot away. Donk was a total fanny there.

We handed the game to them on a plate from 70 minutes on. We invited pressure, couldn't keep the ball and made the wrong substitutions. Live and learn. And one lesson to learn is that we need 4-5 better players than what we have on the bench now. Still, we had a great day overall, the joy at Raul's goal was worth the trip alone, even if what came after was a massive let down. I am gutted, but feeling philosophical. Let the fans of that shit stain on the arsehole of London team enjoy their moment. We'll smile ruefully when we're playing in the Champions League and they're back where they belong, League One...

...so why do we hate Watford now?

We would, because we’re fans and not professionals. I’d be shocked if any of our players said anything close to that, because they aren’t Deeney-style braindead thugs.

Again, what did he actually say?

It hurts bad will continue to do so as we were so close ...there were individual mistakes..but you can't fault every players dedication and effort

quote from Nuno
'' "It is tough, sometimes the pain that you feel makes you grow," he said. "You have to feel it as a group. We will stick together because it is our identity.

"It is relentless, we never give up and we will come again. We must keep growing as a team and try to reach a semi-final in the future and win it.

"It is a terrific season. Not only this season, last season we were in the Championship and came to the Premier League. We keep on fighting - each game, each challenge we had ahead of us we go and compete. That will not change, ever."

I believe in this man, Nuno is the best manager we have had in my lifetime,we will have our day ....soon

That's not very nice of us!

I just don't think you get the English football mentality Alan. Not having a dig, but I assure you 90%+ of Wolves fans hope City smash them in the final

Gutted at this, really. But mistakes have consequences. We will do better next time, which will be sooner rather than later.

It hurts bad will continue to do so as we were so close ...there were individual mistakes..but you can't fault every players dedication and effort

quote from Nuno
'' "It is tough, sometimes the pain that you feel makes you grow," he said. "You have to feel it as a group. We will stick together because it is our identity.

"It is relentless, we never give up and we will come again. We must keep growing as a team and try to reach a semi-final in the future and win it.

"It is a terrific season. Not only this season, last season we were in the Championship and came to the Premier League. We keep on fighting - each game, each challenge we had ahead of us we go and compete. That will not change, ever."

I believe in this man, Nuno is the best manager we have had in my lifetime,we will have our day ....soon

Nuno got some things wrong today with the subs. But it's forgivable because he gets so much right. I know plenty of fans of other teams who love him and covet him, but he's ours thank God. Long may he remain so. Best manager in my 35 years supporting Wolves and I love him. More than I should love anyone other than my gf and family...

I just don't think you get the English football mentality Alan. Not having a dig, but I assure you 90%+ of Wolves fans hope City smash them in the final

Well, it's the bit about Watford being a shit stain that seems a tad unnecessary. I hope City win because that makes it more likely we get Europe. Also so that Deeney can be a loser like he says Raul is.

To be perfectly frank, I find that sometimes the "English football mentality" can get a bit... vicious.

Well, it's the bit about Watford being a shit stain that seems a tad unnecessary. I hope City win because that makes it more likely we get Europe. Also so that Deeney can be a loser like he says Raul is.

To be perfectly frank, I find that sometimes the "English football mentality" can get a bit... vicious.

If you'd ever seen Watford you'd know why I said that. It's a hole.

We fucked it.

Absolutely desperate substitutions, not for the first time.

That said, I’m more convinced we’ll actually finish seventh now.

But make no mistake, that was a huge missed opportunity. Lots of parallels with England in the summer.

We’re on the up, but those opportunities don’t present themselves yearly.

Back