• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

Just feeling rather heartbroken. That was bloody won and we buggered it up completely 😪

I think had we lost a third round game in that manner we'd be disappointed. Time to ditch the idea that we're plucky upstarts who are grateful for what we can get.

It really isn't. We mismanaged a game against a similar side with 10 minutes to go and blew a Cup Final. Where we have come from is irrelevant, we are a top half PL side and fucked it up.
We fundamentally disagree, then, as I don't think we mismanaged it as much as one sub for the opposition and two poor individual moments by Donck changed things in their favor.

The moment we stop being grateful for what Fosun have given us since they took over I will really start hating our fucking fan base to be honest.

The moment we stop being grateful for what Fosun have given us since they took over I will really start hating our fucking fan base to be honest.
I think I agree.

However we can be grateful of how far we've come AND be disappointed when we fail.

I just think that today we've been undone by an absolutely possessed player for the opposition. That will happen against good opposition no matter what level we reach.

Very sad being so close. I just hope this doesn't damage them too much. Feel especially sorry for Giminez and Jota who were epic.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Very sad being so close. I just hope this doesn't damage them too much. Feel especially sorry for Giminez and Jota who were epic.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

You can be grateful for where you have come from whilst recognising where you are at.Where we are at that's poor game management.

Edit. Sorry meant to quote YW

It is. We fucked up a winning position. Rui saves their first as well.

You can be grateful for where you have come from whilst recognising where you are at.Where we are at that's poor game management.

Edit. Sorry meant to quote YW

I never said we can’t.

Devastated doesn't come close. Brilliant first goal, stone wall penalty and a neat finish against a tired defence. Watford were more clinical. For once our game management was found wanting. Seeing lots of negative posts won't change the result. We lost. It will have a huge effect on the team. What needs to happen is for each of the team to remember just how much this hurts. We are the losing side in a game that will go down in folklore. We didn't choke, we gave our all. It just wasn't to be. Fortunately , now we have a taste for these heady heights we want to get back there and quick. Probably for the first time in my life span we really could become a member of the big 7. Learn from this and make sure it doesn't happen again next time.

Good luck to Watford in the final. Cracking game for the neutral and we will have made some new friends today. I hope we can pick ourselves up for our last 6 games. It may be hard to do.

Taking Jota off was a massive mistake. I might be wrong but I think Nuno perhaps thought the game was won at that point. As soon as Jota went off we lost the ability to give a ourselves a breather as we had no one on the pitch in an advanced position who could turn a man and carry the ball forward. His substitutions left a lot to be desired today, but it is what it is and we are one season too soon to be carrying real quality on the bench.

To say I’m gutted is an understatement. We had the game won and Watford managed to shithouse their way back in to it. Deeney is a terrible winner and I hope City spank them 5-0 in the final.

Going to take a big effort to go on and secure 7th place after such a gutting defeat.

It is. We fucked up a winning position. Rui saves their first as well.
Thank you, finally someone speaks some sence.
Rui def saves the third, good chance of the first as well. Better chance than ruddy for the penalty, even if its still a small chance.
Whats the point of bringing in a top keeper if you're going to play your championship standard keeper in a game that can result in a european place? Why not rest jota, moutinho and raul too, start costa, traore and cav together

Wish I'd taken tomorrow off :wallbash:

Little bit surprised it turned out the way it did. I would've expected our midfield to be able to get hold of the ball and control the game, or at least not keep giving the ball away when clearing - but I guess nerves, or just the pressure did for them. We were too content to just sit back and let Jota and Jimenez try to counter - which is a great threat, obviously. But we needed to take the sting out of the game after their 1st and we paid for it in the end.

In hindsight the subs did not work out (would've preferred MGW to Traore and keeping the shape, personally - I wouldn't shed a tear if we never see 3-4-3 again) but it's easy to say now - Jota ran himself ragged, as did Moutinho. Little surprised Neves went off, mind. As others have said though it does highlight even though Nuno wants his small squad beyond the first XI we're a little lacking in quality.

Gah we were so close to a 3rd as well. FUCK.

Let's just hope Deulofeu buggers off to Milan in the summer as rumoured. Twice he's absolutely rinsed us this season.

Big few days ahead. The manner of the loss will be difficult to get past but as I found myself thinking, even in the dying moments - I believe in these boys.

While I obviously rate Rui much higher than ruddy - who better than Nuno understands the situation of the back up goalkeeper? They spend the whole season (and even more so in Norris’ case) training and never playing. Nuno has always played the back up goalkeeper in the cup games and to change that would send a very bad message to those two. We need them to provide Rui with the best possible competition and intensity in training - knowing they will never get the chance even when the manager has told them the deal would kill that.

Thank you, finally someone speaks some sence.
Rui def saves the third, good chance of the first as well. Better chance than ruddy for the penalty, even if its still a small chance.
Whats the point of bringing in a top keeper if you're going to play your championship standard keeper in a game that can result in a european place? Why not rest jota, moutinho and raul too, start costa, traore and cav together

The same rui who got no where near arsenals equaliser or Cardiff's winner that was closer? Do me a favour. That's just a brilliant goal. Watch it back. Watch it again, clap and move on. It was an absolute worldy.

The winner is played across Ruddy whose weight is on his left foot, so he can't adjust. Neat finish. He is about as much at fault for that as Rui was for United's goal Tuesday which in minimal. I get we are all hurting. Its a real kick in the bollocks but we will be back, and soon.

In the car on the way home and it’ll take a while to get over this, just a horrible way to lose. Wembley really isn’t a nice place to lose especially when you have to que for the tube amongst happy Watford fans.
Going to go home and pretend football doesn’t exist for about 5 days.

I absolutely can't understand people saying the first goal is savable. It's a ridiculous goal.

Equally, although Ruddy possibly COULD have done better on the third, he really should never have needed to save anything but we defended that break so poorly.

Troy Deeney being classy as usual.

The first goal is incredible really.

Penalty he goes the right way, and if he dives slightly later (not a criticism of him) he probably gets his hands on it too.

Third goal I think he could do a lot better but he’s not the only person to blame.

Back