• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro (H) 5/8/17 build up

What is the actual capacity this season? And if things go well will the temporary stand be used?

Should be a little over 30k.

If we get a lot of sell outs I guess the club could try and get the safety cert renewed on the temp stand

Yeah, the Steve Bull is a top stand [emoji41]

Only been in that once when I got a late ticket in the Steve Bull lower for the Sir Jack Hayward memorial game- good job I wasn't in the South Bank that time as was still on crutches

Should be a little over 30k.

If we get a lot of sell outs I guess the club could try and get the safety cert renewed on the temp stand

I hope so. It would be a shame to waste that extra seating at a time when Wolves could actually fill it. Though I would imagine that the club are already working on that possibility.

If we start selling out matches semi-regularly, or even coming close, I imagine by the New Year we'll be hearing about the possibility of redevelopment of the Steve Bull.

I don't think we'll get regular 30k gates. 24-25k maybe.

The temp stand needs a lot of remedial work to get a safety certificate. Not likely to happen quickly.

The temp stand needs a lot of remedial work to get a safety certificate. Not likely to happen quickly.

Reckon that the South bank corner would have to be rebuilt to bring that back - and thats not happening soon as the BW stand would have to have serious work done to allow that

What if we are in the top two, surely then we would sell out, or be very close to selling out. There seems a renewed interest this season, so if we do well then that will reflect in ticket sales.

It's a fucking awful view regardless of whether it's safe or not. I went in there once, never again.

Definitely not regularly above 30k - hence "semi-regularly", I mean only for the bigger, prestige matches. But if we're up towards the top of the table nearish the start of the season and things go well, and we stay up there, and the club keeps putting on decent ticketing offers, I can see us getting 27k+ regularly on weekend matches and in the cups.

(I'm going by the Football Manager criteria, if I'm honest, where if your average attendance for the season is higher than 95% capacity, your board will expand the stadium where possible. For Molineux that's around 28.5k. If we're challenging for automatic promotion towards the end of the season it might start creeping that high, you never know.)

The fact that we are discussing unusable parts of the stadium (whether we should have those & if we should have moved on with improvements is another issue) is indicative of the increased excitement for the new season

What if we are in the top two, surely then we would sell out, or be very close to selling out. There seems a renewed interest this season, so if we do well then that will reflect in ticket sales.

We've been up there before with a smaller capacity and we didn't sell out.

People are excited for the new season and it's a biggish game to start off so we're going to sell out. Great. I don't think there's a prayer of us being at those levels in September/October.

If we were near the top at Christmas and flying I could see ST's swelling with those wanting to guarantee a season ticket for potential premier league football.

Generally speaking though forget Jota and Neves there's plenty of Wolves fans who can't be arsed with Barnsley on a Tuesday night in December.

Surely the bigger the stadium/capacity the more flexible we can then become with offers and such like. Other than the fact the Steve Bull is the older stand, it would, based on demand and our support demographic, make more sense to me to expand the south bank first. I reckon if we had a huge south bank and the team were doing well we should be able to get towards 30k on a more regular basis. After that it's about getting people into the posh seats..... that would require us being at the right end of the prem though I would think.

In essence,I'm not sure we need to be selling out all that often to justify stadium development, it's more important that its done in a way that fits the demands of our fan base and the likely demands on tickets that (relative) success might bring. While I defended it at the time, with hindsight I think Morgan got the northbank development wrong in many ways, although it was intended to be part of a larger master plan to be fair.

It also helps that thanks to fosun, ticket revenue is largely irrelevant in the short term, and as such they are able to run with these offers hopefully more frequently than the previous regime. The key is the potential is clearly there at Wolves for better than 24/25 k average crowds, as is the case with most clubs our size.

If we don't sign anyone in the next week (and if we really must play 3-4-3):

---------------------------Ruddy-------------------------

-----------Roderick------Batth-------Boly-------------

Graham---------Neves--------Saiss----------Douglas

-----------Ronan--------Dicko-------Jota-------------

Zyro looks well off the pace at the moment and fuck Mason. We don't have anyone else (bar Bright, who isn't ready as we all know) so Ronan will have to go out of position, Jota can play there against Derby when Cav is back. At least Ronan will give us some decent delivery, eventually he can go back into CM.

The wingback positions seem to be more important in an attacking sense so let's stick someone on the right who is better than Doherty in that respect, not just Doherty because it excuses him from defending. No-one would genuinely advocate him playing on the right wing in a 4-4-2.

An attacking fullback who can't defend or a winger who probably can't defend. Not sure who I want at RWB. If I'm being honest, neither.

Doherty for now, I think!?

Not sold on Ronan as a forward but the lack of options makes it a bit tricky. A very offensive Graham at rwb would make up for it a bit. Maybe Graham as the right forward (being wrong sided might prevent him drifting wide too often) and Ronan instead of Saiss for me.

I'd prefer Doherty at RWB and Graham as left of the front three, Jota on the right. I think it'll give us better balance, and we can get away with Doherty's poor defensiveness there with Miranda so comfortable coming out into the channels and getting on the ball. It also gives us Ronan as a flexible option off the bench, but I agree that he's definitely earned the right to be there ahead of either Zyro (still needs to get match fit) and Mason (who is just... still a nothing player).

Also not entirely sure Price won't start ahead of Saiss alongside Neves, it's hard to gauge which of the two is currenly ahead in Neves' reckoning right now.

Back