• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro (H) 5/8/17 build up

Will people please stop putting Coady in their examples because he is shit and has been found out in that position against Shrewsbury of all teams, cost us both goals and it makes my eyes bleed to see him there. Having watched the Shrews and Peterborough games I would rather (can't believe I'm saying this) see Batth in the central CB role (or Deslandes) while Hause is out

Will people please stop putting Coady in their examples because he is shit and has been found out in that position against Shrewsbury of all teams, cost us both goals and it makes my eyes bleed to see him there. Having watched the Shrews and Peterborough games I would rather (can't believe I'm saying this) see Batth in the central CB role (or Deslandes) while Hause is out

You can't take 1 game and say well he is shit there. He did fine against decent opposition in Austria. Clearly Nuno sees something he can use but the expirement hasn't failed because he (along with everyone else) had a shit 45-60 mins. Blinded by the hate......

You can't take 1 game and say well he is $#@! there. He did fine against decent opposition in Austria. Clearly Nuno sees something he can use but the expirement hasn't failed because he (along with everyone else) had a $#@! 45-60 mins. Blinded by the hate......

Not at all Kenny. He hasn't played CB since Liverpool academy and played perfectly well at right back last season. HOWEVER we have two "ball playing" CB's in Miranda and Boly either side and if he can do the simple things then Batth will be ideal in the middle as the winner of headers and easy lay off to the two either side which he did well when he has played there. I have more "hate" towards Batth than Coady but don't want a poor central midfielder with a poor first touch and inability to head the ball in the middle of a back three if that's how we're playing

I have witnessed this hate...

Although I do agree, if Nuno sees him as an organiser with a good attitude I get that, but he is a really poor footballer and I'd rather we just got on with playing Miranda there as that seems to be the plan when Hause is fit.

@johnny

Aye they're definitely starting off trying to mark space/passing lanes but as soon as the ball goes wide the press is triggered.

You'd imagine that Christie and whoever is the right sided DM will double up on Jota. Whoever we start on the right side will have to have a good game if we're going to come out of this with anything.

The obvious weakness defensively will be the long pass into the space behind the wing backs so Miranda & Boly will have to get over quick to cut those balls out.

Deslandes is piss, I wouldn't have him over current day Keith Curle.

Team picks itself against Boro for me.

Batth-Miranda-Boly back three.
Doherty + Douglas wing backs.
Neves + Price holding.
Graham-Dicko-Jota front three.

Bit unfair on Ronan but he's a good option to bring on for Graham around the hour mark if Graham is knackered.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the lack of information coming out of the club about injuries
Marshall, Dicko, Hause, Costa, Neves have all had some sort of issue over the last couple of weeks which haven't been discussed on an official level. Much as Spiers chasing Nuno around Austria like Benny Hill is entertaining, I think this is quite poor to be honest.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the lack of information coming out of the club about injuries
Marshall, Dicko, Hause, Costa, Neves have all had some sort of issue over the last couple of weeks which haven't been discussed on an official level. Much as Spiers chasing Nuno around Austria like Benny Hill is entertaining, I think this is quite poor to be honest.

this has been something that has annoyed me with Wolves for ages (pre-dating Fosun takeover), we are just crap with this stuff. With the new website, changes on matchday I thought this would improve too but it hasn't yet!

We were awful with announcing injuries last season. We've always been dire at making the contract status of Academy players public.

Don't get what they achieve from either stance.

In addition to that I've always found announcing the signings of kids counter productive because it just fuels the knuckledraggers saying "wim doin it on the cheap ay we!"

I'd literally put it on the end of an article. "Fans are reminded to arrive early to avoid congestion at the turnstiles"

"Meanwhile Wolves have completed the signing of Joe Bloggs, 18 from Dorchester United, he's immediately going into the Under 23 squad."

However, the fans will still arrive late, crib about missing the kick off and be convinced that "wim doin' it on the cheap".

Sounds very average to me...

Back