• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro (H) 5/8/17 build up

It will be our biggest crowd since a cold, wet night on March 10, 1981, when 40,524 of us crammed into Molineux Stadium for the F.A Cup Quarter-Final replay against 'Boro

It will be our biggest crowd since a cold, wet night on March 10, 1981, when 40,524 of us crammed into Molineux Stadium for the F.A Cup Quarter-Final replay against 'Boro

did we win that 3-1 after extra time? I seem to recall their bald striker david armstrong scored.

the season before I think we played Boro at home the week before the league cup final.

did we win that 3-1 after extra time? I seem to recall their bald striker david armstrong scored.

the season before I think we played Boro at home the week before the league cup final.

Yes.

There would have been more in the crowd too. Those were the days when dads would lift their lads over the turnstiles with the blessing of the turnstile operators. I know that both me and my brother wouldn't have been in the official numbers on the night.

That's quite incredible, biggest crowd in my lifetime. I hope expectations are fulfilled (I'm optimistic)...

I'll be in the Western with the kids fairly early on Saturday but I won't be on a session as I'll be in semi responsible parent mode.

Hope to see some of you there. Really looking forward to it.
You might bump into me.

Who do we think would take a penalty on Saturday when Gibson hauls down Jota? Everyone we've signed seems to take pens on YouTube - but I'll have my quid on Jota with Baz as an outsider

Neves I think but Cav will be the regular penalty taker when he's on the pitch.

Yes.

There would have been more in the crowd too. Those were the days when dads would lift their lads over the turnstiles with the blessing of the turnstile operators. I know that both me and my brother wouldn't have been in the official numbers on the night.

The Southbank was absolutely rammed. i was just outside the cover of the roof and it lashed down that night, I got drenched. It was great evening though. Many more to come.

Costa missed against Rotherham. Cav took one ahead of him against Bristol City when both were on the pitch together...

If we sign Leo and he is on the pitch he is a decent shout. Clearly taken penalties at his last two clubs and they don't all go in the same place (well bar the net obvs) judging by the highlights reels.

It's a nice problem to have. All of Costa, Cav, Neves and Jota comfortable taking penalties. Leo too and I'm pretty sure that Rod and Boly are capable of shooting from 12 yards

That penalty against Rorherham was a shocker. He put all the other top bin and then that one was tame and saveable height. Pressure got to him massively

It's a nice problem to have. All of Costa, Cav, Neves and Jota comfortable taking penalties. Leo too and I'm pretty sure that Rod and Boly are capable of shooting from 12 yards

Good shout. Willy Boly with a 20 yard run up...

I'll be driving over for about 11am in The Western for a few and a parking space

Arriving in town at 12.18 - 8 hrs travel still (there & back home), but this season travelling with real hope for a decent game/outcome

Back