• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro (H) 5/8/17 build up

Does anyone know what time Oaks Crescent gets full on match days (parking there)? It's just before MEB club, you'll either know it or won't.

The Middlesbrough game from the weekend showing Monks new system with his front three really going after the ball as a unit. A totally different approach to what Leicester City were doing against us. They wont give us time on the ball, we have to earn it.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfI4XqD0XvY&feature=youtu.be

They look awful. Long ball rubbish and very physical. Augsburg looking like they play a similar system to us and knocked it around with ease. Boro just kept fouling them.

The Middlesbrough game from the weekend showing Monks new system with his front three really going after the ball as a unit. A totally different approach to what Leicester City were doing against us. They wont give us time on the ball, we have to earn it.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfI4XqD0XvY&feature=youtu.be

They're going to really struggle to get it off us if that's how they'll play Saturday. Some decent stuff from the front three and down the wing, but in midfield and defence they look quite slow, both at movement and in passing the ball around.

Being a pest again - does anyone know how My Wolves works please? I've just bought it for myself and want to buy 2 tickets for the next home game. Do I need another membership for my missus?? Assuming I can't upload 2 tickets to the same card. Or is there an option to have 1 physically delivered? Thanks in advance

Being a pest again - does anyone know how My Wolves works please? I've just bought it for myself and want to buy 2 tickets for the next home game. Do I need another membership for my missus?? Assuming I can't upload 2 tickets to the same card. Or is there an option to have 1 physically delivered? Thanks in advance

You can print one ticket at home and upload one ticket to your card. It is an option when you order.

Boom. Thanks Johnny. Just wanted to check before I went any firther

Only two days to go now before the season kicks off. I think there's a very good chance Bonatini will go straight into the team, particularly if there's a question mark over Dicko's fitness.

I think the bigger question is who will replace Cav - will it be Zyro (who has generally looked off the pace pre-season)? Will it be Graham (who hasn't had as much of a pre-season and whose stand-out performance came from RWB)? There's a good chance he'll go with Bright or Ronan imv. None of those options are ideal, although I'd go with Graham (not sure NES will though).

I'd definitely go with Graham, but he's had virtually no time as part of the 3 in pre-season. I think we will probably see Ronan there - if it were a weaker team than Boro we might have seen Bright.

I think last week told us it'll be Bright and Jota behind the no.9.

I think you're right last weeks team with the exception of Cav is the one we'll see. Don't know who comes in for Cav though, could be Zyro, Leo or Dicko depending on injury status.

If Dicko is fit then would expect him to be in as Leo will have only met up with the team for a couple of training sessions & Zyro really not up to speed after the injury yet

If Dicko isn't fit then would have to throw Leo on & hope that he has had sufficient time to get to know the other players who are going to be nearest to him at the very least

Dicko's tweeted that he had a knock after the Shrewsbury game so was being rested, but is fine now. I think that means he'll start on Saturday.

So, some injury info

Dicko - Fine
Hause - Back in training next week
Costa - Another 3-4 weeks
Marshall - Not giving a return time for him. This feels like one of those "try different options then have surgery and see you in March type injuries"
Ofusu-Ayeh - Another 3 weeks

Is Marshall another Williamson, and destined to be on the treatment table for all eternity....

He's had a history of hip injuries, hasn't he? Or have I just imagined reading that somewhere? Still, good to hear that our "injury crisis" should actually be (bar Marshall) resolved by this time next month.

Is Marshall another Williamson, and destined to be on the treatment table for all eternity....

Given Marshall has already played more games in 5 months than Williamson has in the last two years I'd wager not

Back