• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro (H) 5/8/17 build up

All credit to the club for doing something different. And like some of Jody's work: bought a pic on canvas off Simone on the forum. But the more you look at the faces the more it is two different people...

Someone: not the first screwed by predictive text...

The portraits themselves are nothing special but the overall style is far more appealing than last year's. So much more scope for variation too rather than just waiting to see what animal or inanimate object a cartoon wolf was going to be staring at this week.

It is shit

It looks more like Hahnemann than Murray

Oh fuck - it supposed to be Karl!

Even worse then

Not a fan at all I am afraid

Here you go then

wwfc1sml.jpg

Better?

The Ikeme cover looks ace. The comic strip "superhero" thing really comes across, it's not meant to be a portrait, it's how kemes would look in a comic strip.

The only thing I'd say is a bit more background may bring it out more

I like it. If I was being hyper critical there is too much detail for a comic strip style. They tend to be more characature. Like the BBC do for pint sized tms or Judah and Spier's on their YouTube or twitter. That said I like a little inaccuracy as it shows its a human generated image rather than a machine or computerised manipulation. And it is much much better than last years which became a bit twee by the end.

On that news bit,the fan quote at the end "wolves are my guilty pleasure" away and give your head a wobble,you're either a fan or you're not,and if you are be proud of it,even through the bad times,a guilty pleasure is liking c'est la vie by bewitched,or One step closer by s club juniors,not a football club

Have to say, it doesn't look tremendously like Ikeme. Otherwise I like it.

I think they've had to do it really as people drive like morons. Just pulling straight out into a crowd of thousands of people.

Won't take that long to clear, fans don't just mill around Waterloo Road for hours on end after a game.

Talking to a big Boro fan yesterday - absolutely delighted to be playing Wolves so early in the season

It's the best time to be playing them too. Just a shame we will be under strength.

Who's drinking where tomorrow then? Banjo & I get in at 12.15pm so plenty of time for a few beers beforehand. Would be good to catch up with a few of you.

It's always amazed me that they keep Waterloo Road open to traffic before and after the match. It's always far too busy to be safe.

I've thought that too. It really needs closing off just before and after. Just from the bottom island up to the traffic lights.

Who's drinking where tomorrow then? Banjo & I get in at 12.15pm so plenty of time for a few beers beforehand. Would be good to catch up with a few of you.

Western. Not sure on time yet - probably the same sort of time as you.

I am expecting to be at the western around 12.30 meeting up with Paddy and Leeds there. Never met any of you before I will be the old guy walking with a stick so I hope you will out for me.:eek:ldboy:

It's always amazed me that they keep Waterloo Road open to traffic before and after the match. It's always far too busy to be safe.

It would not surprise me one day for Wolves to buy the houses outside the Billy Wright, and close the Waterloo Road, build the stand there. Traffic does not need to go down Waterloo Road now

Back